Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to launch C program Post 302408236 by frans on Monday 29th of March 2010 02:04:43 AM
Old 03-29-2010
Your script, as shown above, doesn't redirect any output. The standard output of the 'monitor' program goes to standard output (screen). If there's none, that's because the 'monitor' program doesn't provide it.
What happens if you type the commands in a terminal i.e.?
Code:
$ ./desktop/monitor $fname &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to launch program though telnet

I have launched telnet on nt and have connected to a unix server, I'm trying to run a program on the unix server which will launch a gui, but when I try to launch it I get the message "display not set\n" "By default set it to 0.0" I can sit down at the unix machine and launch the program with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbachman
3 Replies

2. Programming

launch an executable from a C++ program

Hi everybody! Could you please tell me how can I launch an executable from a C++ (on unix) program? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to launch a Csh shell script using Excel Macro ?

Hi all. I need to use excel macro at my desktop to launch a csh script which is in a solaris environment. What is the code that i can use in macro to help me with that ? Basically, the code need to telnet or ftp to the solaris environment and just run the script and the macro will output in an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can we launch a shell script automatically upon ssh login?

Greetings all, I'll just like to know if it is possible to launch a shell script automatically upon a user's successful login into ssh from a remote host, without adding a command parameter to the ssh command... ie. after keying in ssh username@host (not ssh username@host "command") and upon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with external program launch

Hello, in the application i'm writing i need to launch "recordmydesktop" to capture the screen,but i'm having a problem: when the recording stops,and the encoding of the saved file starts,the entire system hangs until the completion of the encoding.This happens if i launch recordmydesktop from my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zipi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

launch vnc session from unix shell script

Hi All, OS:AIX 64 bits Would like to know what is the command to launch vnc session from unix shell script so that Reports server is started from vnc session which should be launched from within the shell script. Thanks for your time! Regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a windows program from perl script

Hi i wanted to know if any one can give me an example on how to launch a windows program in a perl script. I wanted to open the nmap software on my computer with a perl script, i heard this can be done with the system function. Would the function be in this format: $text =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingbp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script timer on program launch

So I am attempting to get a short but complex perl script to be able to time out an application that I will launch from a command line. The terminal I use is MKS C SHELL and I am having trouble doing the a job spawn that will launch the application and keep time on it. I know you could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch shell script if string match is found

I'm trying to write a simple shell script that looks at a given text file and if the only word in the file is 'completed', it launches another shell script. So far I have this almost working... if grep 'completed' $datafile then... however, using this logic the secondary shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickeyGreen
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch shell script with parameters from a webpage button

I want to create a simple html page that should contain 2 fields in which the user can write the input. Then I want to have a button that should launch a shell script with the parameters inserted by user in the fields from the webpage. This is the code behind my webpage: <html> <form... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies
monitor(1)							  monitor command							monitor(1)

NAME
monitor - receive logging information from LPD SYNOPSIS
monitor [ -u ] [ -t ] [ port ] DESCRIPTION
The monitor program is a template for a printer status monitoring program. It will open the specified TCP and/or UDP port, and then wait for accounting or other information to be sent. It prints this information on it standard output. OPTIONS
-u wait for connections on the UDP port. -t wait for connections on the TCP port. port Use the specified port number. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: zero (0) Successful completion. non-zero (!=0) An error occurred. SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), checkpc(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.conf(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is lprng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to lprng- request@lists.sourceforge.net with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net LPRng 2006-12-09 monitor(1)