Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Share CPU core
Operating Systems Solaris Share CPU core Post 302408206 by jlliagre on Sunday 28th of March 2010 05:38:59 PM
Old 03-28-2010
So a processor set is properly configured although with 16 VCPUs instead of 10.

What do you mean "I don't see a difference", i.e. what difference are you expecting that you don't see ?

Last edited by jlliagre; 03-28-2010 at 08:29 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpu and core

Hi, what is concept of core in ibm platform? I want to know how to find out no of core in cpu in aix i.e command how to find out value of core? Wheather any specification is there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. Solaris

cpu core level from solaris os [8,9,10]

hi all how to find cpu core level in 8,9 and 10 . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. AIX

no of core in cpu for aix

is there command which will display no of core per cpu in aix? Regads, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How maney CPU and core?

Hi, Is it a command that show's how many CPU and Core the solaris server have? Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Distinguishing between CPU and Core

Hi, I want to know if in UNIX is it possible to distinguish between a CPU and a core through any command? Thanks, Vineet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting CPU Core Access

Hi all. I've had a quick look around but cant see anything exactly matching my requirements. I have a new T2000 running S10. Im looking to restrict the no. cores that a S10 non-global zone can use to 1 only. The box is single CPU but 8core. I want to do this to save on some software... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boneyard
4 Replies

7. AIX

What is a cpu core ?

Hi Friends- What does it mean by 2 cpu cores, 3 cpu cores? Does it mean 2 separate cpus or what is it exactly ? Kindly explain a bit in detail. Thanks panditt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

No of CPU's and No of Core

I would like to understand how many number of CPUs and cores do I have on my server based on following out put.. Few observations... Please correct me if I am wrong Since Physical ID is same CPU is singe It has 8 virtual processors Hyper thrading is enabled since no of siblings are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parth_buch
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Assigning cpu/core to globalzone

hi all, I am running SPARC server + solaris 10. (no LDOMs) Due to change of setup and application licensing cost, I need to cap my core/cpu utilization in my globalzone. Right now, I have 1x6 cores in my server, how do I change it to utilized 4 cores instead ? By using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies
psrinfo(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               psrinfo(1M)

NAME
psrinfo - displays information about processors SYNOPSIS
psrinfo [-p] [-v] [processor_id...] psrinfo [-p] -s processor_id DESCRIPTION
psrinfo displays information about processors. Each physical processor may support multiple virtual processors. Each virtual processor is an entity with its own interrupt ID, capable of executing independent threads. Without the processor_id operand, psrinfo displays one line for each configured processor, displaying whether it is on-line, non-interrupt- ible (designated by no-intr), spare, off-line, faulted or powered off, and when that status last changed. Use the processor_id operand to display information about a specific processor. See OPERANDS. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s processor_id Silent mode. Displays 1 if the specified processor is fully on-line. Displays 0 if the specified processor is non-inter- ruptible, spare, off-line, faulted or powered off. Use silent mode when using psrinfo in shell scripts. -p Display the number of physical processors in a system. When combined with the -v option, reports additional information about each physical processor. -v Verbose mode. Displays additional information about the specified processors, including: processor type, floating point unit type and clock speed. If any of this information cannot be determined, psrinfo displays unknown. When combined with the -p option, reports additional information about each physical processor. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor about which information is to be displayed. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Information About All Configured Processors in Verbose Mode The following example displays information about all configured processors in verbose mode. psrinfo -v Example 2: Determining If a Processor is On-line The following example uses psrinfo in a shell script to determine if a processor is on-line. if [ "`psrinfo -s 3 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 3 is up" fi Example 3: Displaying Information About the Physical Processors in the System With no additional arguments, the -p option displays a single integer: the number of physical processors in the system: > psrinfo -p 8 psrinfo also accepts command line arguments (processor IDs): > psrinfo -p 0 512 # IDs 0 and 512 exist on the 1 # same physical processor > psrinfo -p 0 1 # IDs 0 and 1 exist on different 2 # physical processors In this example, virtual processors 0 and 512 exist on the same physical processor. Virtual processors 0 and 1 do not. This is specific to this example and is and not a general rule. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), p_online(2), processor_info(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psrinfo: processor 9: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist. SunOS 5.10 21 Feb 2004 psrinfo(1M)