Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge 3 files in 1 file in an ordered way Post 302407842 by Franklin52 on Friday 26th of March 2010 03:38:15 PM
Old 03-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lego
The code suggested by Franklin52 worked fine, although it prints 4 lines more. This is the output that I got:
x1 y1 p1
x1 y2 p2
x1 y3 p3
x1 y4 p4
x2 y1 p5
x2 y2 p6
x2 y3 p7
x2 y4 p8
x3 y1 p9
x3 y2 p10
x3 y3 p11
x3 y4 p12
y1 p12
y2 p12
y3 p12
y4 p12

But for the moment it's ok, I can remove these extra lines.
Thank you very much Franklin52!
You have one empty line in the file x-values.dat.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two file in an ordered way

actually, it seems somewhat confusing.. let me clearify it i want a file having all the attributes produced by ls -lc command. i want to add one more thing i.e. time of last access to a file attribute. so how can i merge these two things in a single file in a columnar way. i tried with these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raku05
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge two files in one file

All, I've basic knowlege on understanding UNIX Shell Programming. Right now I need to write a script for the following requirement. Kindly help me or suggest me how to write a Shell script. I've 8 .csv files that are containing "Detail" records. Each file getting more than 1 million. Another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files whose names are given in other file

Hi, I have a pointer file ptr.txt. There may be any number of files mentioned in the ptr.txt file eg: cat ptr.txt /home/abc.txt /home/pqr.txt /home/xyz.txt I have to read this pointer file and merge the files given in the pointer file so that final file say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harshada
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge two files into one file use awk

Hi, guys. I have one question: I have two files: passwd and shadow (the number of records in these files are not equal)the contents of them are below: passwd: ************** ftp:x:24:24: sshd:x:71:65: uucp:x:10:14: brownj:x:5005:1000: sherrys: x :5006:1000: ... ************* ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

5. Programming

Merge files from /etc to one file using C

Hi guys, I have a question which might be easy to answer but I don't how to do it. The thing is I need to make a program in C which creates a file with all the content from the files in \etc. I'm not new to C language but to UNIX. I've read somewhere I need to use functions like f_read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussil
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merge files along with file names (awk)?

Dear programmers, I have a question about conditionally merging multiple files and having their file names in the first column. Input files: file.1.extension file.2.extension file.3.extension file.4.extension ... file.1000.extension where each file looks like this (with multiple lines):... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wei.deng
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files into one file

Hi, I need help with merging two files. My requirement is as below: File 1: MachineA MachineB File 2: Process1 Process2 Desired File: MachineA Process1 MachineB Process2 If file 2 contains only one entry Process1, then second line in the desired output should be: MachineA Process1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to merge two files into third file?

Hi All, i have a requirement as below. There are two files. In 1st file a.txt i have four lines as below Ramesh Suresh Pradeep Franklin In 2nd file b.txt i have 5 lines as below Francis Elizabeth David John Ravi The output file suppose c.txt should contain 1st line of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshk_85
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge different files into the original file

Hello Below is my requirement I have 3 files A1.txt , A2.txt and A3.txt . A2 is dynamically generating file I want the merge of A1,A2 and A3 in A2.txt Could you please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies
certtool(1)						      General Commands Manual						       certtool(1)

NAME
certtool - Manipulate certificates and keys. SYNOPSIS
certtool [options] DESCRIPTION
Generate X.509 certificates, certificate requests, and private keys. OPTIONS
Program control options -d, --debug LEVEL Specify the debug level. Default is 1. -h, --help Shows this help text -v, --version Shows the program's version Getting information on X.509 certificates -i, --certificate-info Print information on a certificate. -k, --key-info Print information on a private key. -l, --crl-info Print information on a CRL. --p12-info Print information on a PKCS #12 structure. Getting information on Openpgp certificates --pgp--certificate-info Print information on an OpenPGP certificate. --pgp--key-info Print information on an OpenPGP private key. --pgp--ring-info Print information on a keyring. Generating/verifying X.509 certificates/keys -c, --generate-certificate Generate a signed certificate. -e, --verify-chain Verify a PEM encoded certificate chain. The last certificate in the chain must be a self signed one. --generate-dh-params Generate PKCS #3 encoded Diffie-Hellman parameters. --load-ca-certificate FILE Certificate authority's certificate file to use. --load-ca-privkey FILE Certificate authority's private key file to use. --load-certificate FILE Certificate file to use. --load-privkey FILE Private key file to use. --load-request FILE Certificate request file to use. -p, --generate-privkey Generate a private key. -q, --generate-request Generate a PKCS #10 certificate request. -s, --generate-self-signed Generate a self-signed certificate. -u, --update-certificate Update a signed certificate. Controlling output -8, --pkcs8 Use PKCS #8 format for private keys. --dsa Generate a DSA key. --bits BITS Specify the number of bits for key generation. --export-ciphers Use weak encryption algorithms. --inraw Use RAW/DER format for input certificates and private keys. --infile FILE Input file. --outraw Use RAW/DER format for output certificates and private keys. --outfile FILE Output file. --password PASSWORD Password to use. --to-p12 Generate a PKCS #12 structure. --template Use a template file to read input. See the doc/certtool.cfg in the distribution, for an example. --fix-key Some previous versions of certtool generated wrongly the optional parameters in a private key. This may affect programs that used them. To fix an old private key use --key-info in combination with this parameter. --v1 When generating a certificate use the X.509 version 1 format. This does not add any extensions (such as indication for a CA) but some programs do need these. EXAMPLES
To create a private key, run: $ certtool --generate-privkey --outfile key.pem To create a certificate request (needed when the certificate is issued by another party), run: $ certtool --generate-request --load-privkey key.pem --outfile request.pem To generate a certificate using the previous request, use the command: $ certtool --generate-certificate --load-request request.pem --outfile cert.pem --load-ca-certificate ca-cert.pem --load-ca-privkey ca-key.pem To generate a certificate using the private key only, use the command: $ certtool --generate-certificate --load-privkey key.pem --outfile cert.pem --load-ca-certificate ca-cert.pem --load-ca-privkey ca-key.pem To view the certificate information, use: $ certtool --certificate-info --infile cert.pem To generate a PKCS #12 structure using the previous key and certificate, use the command: $ certtool --load-certificate cert.pem --load-privkey key.pem --to-p12 --outder --outfile key.p12 AUTHOR
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos <nmav@gnutls.org> and others; see /usr/share/doc/gnutls-bin/AUTHORS for a complete list. This manual page was written by Ivo Timmermans <ivo@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). May 23rd 2005 certtool(1)