Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append char to the end of string from Nth column Post 302407656 by cabrao on Friday 26th of March 2010 04:27:37 AM
Old 03-26-2010
Thanks for your help danmero it works as I exptected

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOWTO Append String to End of Line

I have a comma delimited text file and need to appened ",000000" to the end of every line. For example: Before: "D700000","2006" ,"5000","Open Year" ,"Conversion" ,"Wk64","Productive Payroll $" ,1103.45 After: "D700000","2006" ,"5000","Open Year" ,"Conversion" ,"Wk64","Productive Payroll... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bggibson
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I append a string at the end of a line in a file

Hi, guys. I have one question: I have a file called "group", the contents of it is below: ******************************** ... test:x:203: sales:x:204: repair:x:205: research:x:206:brownj ... *********** Now I want to add string ",sherrys" at the end of "research:x:206:brownj", so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I append a ^M to the end of each 129 character string

Hello all, I have a stumper of a problem. I am trying to append a ^M or "newline" to the end of each 129 character string in a huge file in unix. Each string starts with A00. I am trying to get the file to go from... A00vswjdv1 Test Junk Junk A00vswjdv2 Test Junk Junk ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Captain
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a string at the end of every line in a file

Hi Friends, I have a file with many lines as shown below. /START SAMPLE LINE/ M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\java\build.xml@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\port\Post.java@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\switchview\View.java@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a /END SAMPLE LINE/ I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmattam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the end of each line in a file with a given string

Hi friends, I have a file containing many lines as follows. M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\java\build.xml@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\ADBasicView.java@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a I would like to append the string "\0" at the end of each line in the file. The output should look... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append this string to end of each line

Platform: Solaris 10 I have a file like below $ cat languages.txt Spanish Norwegian English Persian German Portugese Chinese Korean Hindi Malayalam Bengali Italian Greek Arabic I want to append the string " is a great language" at end of each line in this file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append no of times a column is repeated at the end

Hi folks, Iam working on a bash script, i need to print how many times column 2 repeated at the end of each line. Input.txt COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 1 XX 45 N 2 YY 34 y 3 ZZ 44 N 4 XX 89 Y 5 XX 45 N 6 YY 84 D 7 ZZ 22 S Output.txt COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 COL5 1 XX 45 N 3 2 YY 34... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace string from nth column from a file?

I wanted to search for a string and replace it with other string from nth column of a file which is comma seperated which I am able to do with below # For Comma seperated file without quotes awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=","}$"'"$ColumnNo"'"=="'"$PPK"'"{$"'"$ColumnNo"'"="'"$NPK"'"}{print}' ${FileName} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To append new data at the end of each line based on substring of last column

Hi guys, I need to append new data at the end of each line of the files. This new data is based on substring (3rd fields) of last column. Input file xxx.csv: U1234|1-5X|orange|1-5X|Act|1-5X|0.1 /sac/orange 12345 0 U5678|1-7X|grape|1-7X|Act|1-7X|0.1 /sac/grape 5678 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: null7
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append data with substring of nth column fields using awk

Hi guys, I have problem to append new data at the end of each line of the files where it takes whole value of the nth column. My expected result i just want to take a specific value only. This new data is based on substring of 11th, 12th 13th column that has comma seperated value. My code: awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: null7
4 Replies
DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)							 1							 DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)

db2_field_name - Returns the name of the column in the result set

SYNOPSIS
string db2_field_name (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the specified column in the result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the name of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_name(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)