Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A logical problem.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A logical problem. Post 302407620 by vino on Friday 26th of March 2010 01:28:51 AM
Old 03-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashok.83
I'm having a logical problem.Can anybody help me.

Code:
while [[ ! -e $ZipFile ]]
do
  echo " Enter the Zip File Name   : \c"
  read ZipFile
done

In the above snippet - I want it ask for file name first time and once validation fails, I want it add a msg that its entered file name doesn't exist and ten prompt for file name again.

Could be silly.- But it just that I not able get a logic for it.
Instead you could change the existing message to

Code:
while [[ ! -f $ZipFile ]]
do
  echo "Enter a valid Zip File Name   : \c"
  read ZipFile
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Did not know about logical volumes

I had just updated - reinstalled - my RH9 to a Fedore Core 3. I did not know about the Logical volumes that automatically combined partitions on drive 1 and 2 into one mounted volume. In my attempts to do something with the hdb2 partition - not knowing that it was already in use - I killed my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gezi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

logical OR in sed

frnds.. can i perform an OR operation in sed syntax ? if yes.. how? I need to search for some 2-3 mail addresses in multiple files and delete all those... and instead of them.. I need to insert a new mail id...( these are also other emails in that list .. which sud not be affected ) is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem syncing logical volume in root vg

Hello. I have a test server that I'm messing around with, and just recently received an error on startup that a logical volume in the root volume group couldn't be re-synchronized. Server boots fine, as the root vg is mirrored, but I'd like to get rid of the error. Here are the details: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matt.d
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do logical AND and logical OR with grep

Hi can someone please help me on this. I need to perform this code: Grep any lines that meets the following criteria (A AND B) OR (A AND C) I tried this code, but it didn't work Grep-I "A &&B" | "A&&C" *.* $ thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem using logical or

Hi, I have a script testor.s which takes a string as command line argument, Contents of the script: #!/bin/ksh -x if ] then echo "error" else echo "correct" fi Here, though i provide the command line argument as "WO_STMT_05292009", it displays error Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

op of logical operator

Why the op of the following code is like this ???? i=4 j=-1 k=0 echo $? echo $? echo $? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical error

I have this script to uvscan-update. Seems like that i am getting logical error at the end of the script. It is updating the script and also giving the error message to update it manually. I have deleted the DAT files to see if it will create new and it does. Below is the error and the script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk07md
1 Replies

8. AIX

Logical Partitions?

I'm trying to find out how many logical partitions our AIX box has. I'm running the command: topas -C and nothing is showing up. Is it safe to say that there is only one LPAR, which is what AIX is installed on? Move to AIX - jim mc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)