Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Creating a blog site on a local computer Post 302407395 by pupp on Thursday 25th of March 2010 10:25:22 AM
Old 03-25-2010
well... its usually easier to have your testing/dev environment the same as your production (so to speak) environment.

i know i personally like xampp on a windows box because its all in one package. it makes setting up super quick and easy (and it has the tomcat addon). however, you maybe more interested in bitnami. you can download the infrastructure stack per your os and then get the application stack (such as drupal or wordpress). i've used drupal in the past and found it as easy as stacking legos on top of each other. however, that part is up to you.

remember to read read read. read the docu that comes with each product. it will point you in the right direction. don't give up either. until you've done it a few times (like anything else), this takes some time to figure out.

finally, have you thought about simply registering with one of the thousands of blog hosts out there? this might give you a little more visibility.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

mapping FTP site as local drive

I have a small problem, there is one Win98 PC on our network, and I would like to map the FTP server that we have as one of the Win98's machine's local drives. I am by no means a Windows expert, instead my area is *NIX. The webserver is just a regualar webserver, within the LAN. I tried... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerberusofhate
18 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy files from local computer to server

hi, im a newbie using unix. My local computer OS is Windows XP while server is using Unix. May i know how to transfer file from local computer to server? i do not know the commands. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help in creating my first web site?

I have always wanted to create my own site, I've only had one class about the basics in creating web pages but know i would like to get into more and more detailed info about doing so anyone with alot of experience please help me out.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
0 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Google Error: This site may harm your computer.

Anyone else seeing this error on every search result on Google today: This site may harm your computer. Which links to this page: Malware Warning Which says: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text file in Local Drive

Hi All, I am new in Shell Script. I have a ksh script running in the Unix Server and basically in that script I need to create a text file but the text file has to be generated in the local PC (the user computer such as in C:\ drive). I have no idea on how to do it and I need it pretty urgently.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yramli
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Creating sftp site

hi all, i'm creating an sftp site to my company. how do i make an id to have multiple connection so that it will be use for sftp login? and how do i change to different default path? thanks and more power for all your comments. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

configuring site-local IPv6 address

How do I configure site-local IPv6 address in HP-UX box? I can get link local IPv6 address automatically when I put IPv6 up. aps39-88-root# ifconfig lan0 inet6 up (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move folders from Multiple remote Servers to my local computer

I have 20 Servers (They are Windows 2003) that I remote every day using names or IP address and type in my username & Password then copy folders manually to my local computer. I'm wondering if i can just run script(s) from my local computer to do this job without using FTP(because of security... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying from remote SunOS to local Windows 7 computer

Can someone please help me with copying from remote computer to local computer? I have Winscp installed but for some reason i can seem to get into the server using winscp. I am currently logged on to the server, so its not a case of remote host unavailable. I really am not sure if the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies
DH-MAKE-DRUPAL(1)						   User Commands						 DH-MAKE-DRUPAL(1)

NAME
dh-make-drupal - Builds a Debian package for the requested Drupal project DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this program is to generate Debian packages for any Drupal projects (that is, modules, themes or translations) - Please note note that as of October 2010 the infrastructure for publishing translations has changed, so its current support status through this program is suboptimal Given that Drupal developers publish their work through the main Drupal site (http://drupal.org), this program fetches the information for the latest available versions (for the right Drupal release, and with the specified stability level), and prepares a Debian package from it. This Debian package can be locally installed using 'dpkg', or uploaded to your Apt repository. Keep in mind that this package only goes as far as it can, being an automated tool. The generated packages will probably require verifica- tion/tweaking to be of production quality. This program has been inspired -and named in a similar fashion to- Debian's pkg-perl group's dh-make-perl. -v, --version -h, --help Display this screen -d, --drupal-version VERSION Drupal version -r, --report-only Check only for project availability, don't download or perform any other actions locally. Implies -D. -f, --force Proceed even if this will overwrite currently existing files --debug LEVEL Debug level for generated messages (0=highest, 5=lowest) -s, --min-status STATUS Minimum status to consider for packaging. Accepted values: 'recommended', 'supported', 'developer'. Defaults to recommended. -D, --dont-debianize Do not attempt to debianize the project, only download the tarball -b, --no-build Prepare the debianized directory, but omit the actual package build process. This option is incompatible with either -D and -r. -R, --no-recommends Omits the generation of the Recommends: line, which is built by scanning of submodule-provided .info files and may be misleading or introducing too much noise --build-switches SWITCHES Switches to pass to dpkg-buildpackage. Defaults to "-us -uc" (do not sign the generated package). In order not to give any switches, specify an empty quoted string (i.e. --build-switches=''). -t, --tarball FILE Use the specified tarball as the original project tar.gz, don't look for any other available versions and don't download from the Drupal website. This will require you also to provide a project version number with -V and the project type with -T -T, --proj-type TYPE Type of project we are packaging. This option is only meaningful when working on a local tarball (-t), and will be ignored other- wise. Accepted values: %s. Defaults to ["Modules", "Themes", "Translations"]. -V, --proj_version VERSION Provide a project version number. This option is only meaningful when working on a local tarball (-t), and will be ignored otherwise -m, --mangle-version PATTERN Debian versioning logic includes the ??~?? character meaning ??anything below?? the preceding version number. This is most useful when dealing with pre-release qualificators (in order, 1.x-dev, 1.0-alpha1, 1.0-beta, 1.0rc3). dh-make-drupal will try to recognize such patterns and mangle them so they sort correctly in Debian (and so that when a stable version is released it appears as higher - For the above mentioned version numbers, they would result in 1~~dev, 1.0~alpha1, 1.0~beta, 1.0~rc3). You can use this switch to tell dh-make-drupal to omit this mangling. AUTHOR
Written by Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright ?? 2009-2012 Gunnar Wolf Instituto de Investigaciones Econ??micas, UNAM This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. dh-make-drupal version 1.3 June 2013 DH-MAKE-DRUPAL(1)