Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Creating a blog site on a local computer Post 302407338 by degoor on Thursday 25th of March 2010 06:50:17 AM
Old 03-25-2010
Question Creating a blog site on a local computer

Hello!

I would like to create a blog website on a web domain of mine. The blog will be used for publishing economics-lated articles.

I tried to use a few open source packages for blog creation (WorldPress, b2evolution, Movable type) which I wanted to test on a local computer before arranging a hosting service.

I tried to set up first a Windows XP testing enviroment, installing Apache + PHP + MySQL + phpMyAdmin, after that I tried xampp and WampServer, but with neither of these I could start any of the blog creating packages.

The problem is setting the testing enviroment. Now I considering Ubuntu Server for a simple LAMP installation.

I hope you can give me some advise which package for blog creation I can use and how to set up a local computer test enviroment for it.

Thanks in avdance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

mapping FTP site as local drive

I have a small problem, there is one Win98 PC on our network, and I would like to map the FTP server that we have as one of the Win98's machine's local drives. I am by no means a Windows expert, instead my area is *NIX. The webserver is just a regualar webserver, within the LAN. I tried... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerberusofhate
18 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy files from local computer to server

hi, im a newbie using unix. My local computer OS is Windows XP while server is using Unix. May i know how to transfer file from local computer to server? i do not know the commands. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help in creating my first web site?

I have always wanted to create my own site, I've only had one class about the basics in creating web pages but know i would like to get into more and more detailed info about doing so anyone with alot of experience please help me out.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
0 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Google Error: This site may harm your computer.

Anyone else seeing this error on every search result on Google today: This site may harm your computer. Which links to this page: Malware Warning Which says: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text file in Local Drive

Hi All, I am new in Shell Script. I have a ksh script running in the Unix Server and basically in that script I need to create a text file but the text file has to be generated in the local PC (the user computer such as in C:\ drive). I have no idea on how to do it and I need it pretty urgently.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yramli
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Creating sftp site

hi all, i'm creating an sftp site to my company. how do i make an id to have multiple connection so that it will be use for sftp login? and how do i change to different default path? thanks and more power for all your comments. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

configuring site-local IPv6 address

How do I configure site-local IPv6 address in HP-UX box? I can get link local IPv6 address automatically when I put IPv6 up. aps39-88-root# ifconfig lan0 inet6 up (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move folders from Multiple remote Servers to my local computer

I have 20 Servers (They are Windows 2003) that I remote every day using names or IP address and type in my username & Password then copy folders manually to my local computer. I'm wondering if i can just run script(s) from my local computer to do this job without using FTP(because of security... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying from remote SunOS to local Windows 7 computer

Can someone please help me with copying from remote computer to local computer? I have Winscp installed but for some reason i can seem to get into the server using winscp. I am currently logged on to the server, so its not a case of remote host unavailable. I really am not sure if the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies
CHRONICLE-SPOOLER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      CHRONICLE-SPOOLER(1)

NAME
chronicle-spooler - Automatically post pre-written entries. SYNOPSIS
Path Options: --config Specify a configuration file to read. --spool-dir Specify where pending entries are located. --live-dir Specify where the entries should be moved to. Post-Spool Commands: --post-move Specify a command to execute once entries have been moved. Optional Features: --test Only report on what would be executed. Help Options: --help Show the help information for this script. --manual Read the manual for this script. ABOUT
chronicle-spooler is a companion scrip to the chronicle blog compiler. It is designed to facilitate posting new entries automatically upon particular dates. (ie. If you have ten written blog entries in a spool directory it will move them into place upon the date you've specified.) DATE SPECIFICATION
To specify the date a particular entry should be made live you must add another pseudo-header to your blog entry files, as follows: Title: This is the title of the blog post Date: 2nd March 2007 Publish: 15th April 2008 Tags: one, two, three, long tag The text of your entry goes here. In this example we know that this entry will be made live upon the 15th April 2008, and not before. AUTHOR
Steve -- http://www.steve.org.uk/ LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2008-2010 by Steve Kemp. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-03 CHRONICLE-SPOOLER(1)