Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Enable scrollbar on all aixterm windows ? Post 302407186 by wfavorite on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 07:13:06 PM
Old 03-24-2010
According to the InfoCenter page Help - you can start the aixterm with -sb to cause the scroll bar to display. The scrollBar keyword can be used in the .Xdefaults file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximizing an xterm or aixterm window?

Is there a way to maximize an xterm window in a ksh script? I've tried a number of approaches, but none seem to have the desired affect. All I want to accomplish is to have the window maximized upon being called in the script...i.e: xterm -T MyNewXterm -e programToOpen & | maximized --or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spieterman
1 Replies

2. AIX

Aixterm icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable a shell to collect data from unix, return to windows

hi I am very new to UNIX. I need to retrieve data from a unix system and store it and display as output on a windows system. Initiation of procedure is through JAVASCRIPT-based buttons on a HTML page. This should cause a set of commands to run which colllect data from a unix based server and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rossalyn_maxter
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change title of aixterm window online

Is there any way to change title of aixterm window online? Also is it possible to freeze first/last few lines online? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

missing scrollbar

Hi, My tcsh window doesn't have a scrollbar, so I don't get a lot of history! Can you help to get scrollbar? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parisa_3456
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIXTERM Status Line

Hello, can anyone help and suggest a way I can implement the following Idea: I would like to use the status line in aixterm to display the current hostname as well as some other environment variables during the session. I have not been able to put any string and display that in the status line.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
0 Replies

7. Solaris

What are the configeration need to done to enable sftp connection to Windows m/c

When I try $sftp -v <username>@ Connecting to <ip>... debug1: SSH args "ssh -oProtocol = 2 -s -oForwardAgent = no -oForwardX11 = no -l <username> -v <ip> sftp" SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0.1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Rhosts... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

aixterm vs cterm: HELP

been trying to get the mouse scroll wheel to page the terminal for about 2 yrs now on aixterm. any ideas. the below syntax does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm. ------------------------- this does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm,, with a cat Xdefult | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
1 Replies

9. AIX

aixterm scroll?

on a AIX sys i have been trying to get the mouse scroll wheel to page the terminal for about 2 yrs now on aixterm. any ideas. the below syntax does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm. ------------------------- this does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm,, with a cat Xdefult |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies
autoscroll(3tk) 					  Automatic mapping of scrollbars					   autoscroll(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
autoscroll - Provides for a scrollbar to automatically mapped and unmapped as needed SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl package require autoscroll ?1.1? ::autoscroll::autoscroll scrollbar ::autoscroll::unautoscroll scrollbar ::autoscroll::wrap ::autoscroll::unwrap _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package allows scrollbars to be mapped and unmapped as needed depending on the size and content of the scrollbars scrolled widget. The scrollbar must be managed by either pack or grid, other geometry managers are not supported. When managed by pack, any geometry changes made in the scrollbars parent between the time a scrollbar is unmapped, and when it is mapped will be lost. It is an error to destroy any of the scrollbars siblings while the scrollbar is unmapped. When managed by grid, if anything becomes gridded in the same row and column the scrollbar occupied it will be replaced by the scrollbar when remapped. This package may be used on any scrollbar-like widget as long as it supports the set subcommand in the same style as scrollbar. If the set subcommand is not used then this package will have no effect. ::autoscroll::autoscroll scrollbar Arranges for the already existing scrollbar scrollbar to be mapped and unmapped as needed. ::autoscroll::unautoscroll scrollbar Returns the named scrollbar to its original static state. ::autoscroll::wrap Arranges for all scrollbars created after this command is run to be automatically mapped and unmapped as needed. ::autoscroll::unwrap Turns off the automatic autoscrolling of all new scrollbars. Does not effect existing scrollbars text .t -yscrollcommand ".scrolly set" scrollbar .scrolly -orient v -command ".t yview" pack .scrolly -side right -fill y pack .t -side left -fill both -expand 1 ::autoscroll::autoscroll .scrolly KEYWORDS
scroll, scrollbar autoscroll 1.1 autoscroll(3tk)