Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Migration de vm's Linux-VServer sur ESX Post 302407063 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 12:33:25 PM
Old 03-24-2010
Hello.

Per our forum rules, all posts must be in English.

We do provide translation services for posts from English to a number of languages as a benefit to users. However, posts must be in English.

Please repost in English.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Migration From HP to Linux (KSH)

Hi All, Currently iam going to migrate some of the ksh scripts from HPUX to LINUX. Will there be any major change in scripts which I have to take care for migration? Appreciate some help on this. Thanks Om (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX to Redhat Linux Migration

Hi, We are planning to do migration from HP-UX to Redhat linux. We have 1300 makefiels. Is there any difference between HP-UX make and GNU make? Is there any tutorial on that? Regards hari_anj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hari_anj
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Migration from HP-UX to Solaris/Linux

Hi eveyone Ours is an application hosted on HP-UX 11 and we are trying to migrate the server to different flavour of UNIX. We are actually looking at the option of migrating it to Sun Solaris or Linux. We are trying to evaulate the pros and cons of migrating our application to Solaris/Linux.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: turaga.krishna
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of C Apps from AIX to LINUX

Hi All, I am currently facing new problem of migrating C(c language) application from AIX machine to Linux machine. We are using GCC to compile the source code.. But facing with the compilation issues, with lot of GCC C libs differing between AIX box to Linux box... Pls help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Linux-VServer vms to ESX migration

Hi, I have an existing linux server hosting some vservers. In addition, a VMware ESX is in place. My goal is to get rid of the linux-vserver system and migrate each vserver on the ESX properly. Is that possible ? Thanks for your help. Fiss (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiss
0 Replies

6. Linux

Migration from solaris to linux

Hi, Currently I can able to access php script from solaris. I want to access from Linux I have done the following things: 1) I have copied all the scripts from solaris to linux. 2) I have installed php,mysql,apache. I tried with http://Hostname/username/test.php . This is not working .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP_UX to Linux migration

I need set of commands, names and location that differ between HPUX and Linux. I have the same for Solaris to Linux migration guide in Red book from IBM. I need for HPUX and Linux on the same lines. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX to Linux Migration

We have certain number of scripts that run on AIX server using ksh. Now that we migrate these scripts to Linux servers. We need to know what are the changes that we have to perform in script to make it compatible to run on Linux. Say like in our Unix -AIX "print" command worked. But that did... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIva81
6 Replies

9. Linux

AIX 6.1 to Linux 7.2 migration

Hi, recently we have migrated our current AIX server to Linux, we have lot of shell script, few of them are FTP scripts. we have copied the complete AIX file system to linux 7.2 as it is. could you please highlight what are the things we need to look into it . in AIX we are using .netrc to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
3 Replies
DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)						      Debconf							DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)

NAME
debconf-getlang - extract a language from a templates file SYNOPSIS
debconf-getlang lang master [translation] debconf-getlang --stats master translation [...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated; you should switch to using the po-debconf package. This program helps make and manage translations of debconf templates. There are basically three situations in which this program might be called: A translation is just being started. You want to provide the translator with a file they can work on that has the English fields from your templates file, plus blank Field- ll fields for the target language that they can fill in. To do this, run the program with first parameter being the code for the language that is being translated to, and the second parameter being the filename of the English templates file. A translation is well under way. You have changed some English text, or added more items to your templates file, and you want to send the translators a file with the English text plus their current translations (or you are the translator, and you want to generate such a file for your own use). To accomplish this, run the program with the first parameter being the the code for the language that is being translated to, the second parameter being the filename of the master English templates file, and the third parameter being the filename of the current translated file. When run this way, the program is smart enough to notice fuzzy translations. For example a fuzzy Description will be output as Description-<lang>-fuzzy, and a new, blank Description-<lang> will be added. Translators should remove the -fuzzy fields as they correct the fuzzy translations. Checking the status of a translation To check the status of a translation, use the --status flag, and pass the english template file as the first parameter, and all the other translated templates after that. It will output statistics for each of them. For example: debconf-getlang --stats debian/templates debian/templates.* NOTE
Note that the text in the generated templates may be word-wrapped by debconf. SEE ALSO
debconf-mergetemplate(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)