Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Could I mount a swap/dump partition on /tmp? Post 302407055 by aggadtech08 on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 12:15:48 PM
Old 03-24-2010
Could I mount a swap/dump partition on /tmp?

Hey Guys.

Let show our disk-mapping structure on HP-UX B11.11

with df :
Code:
# df
/home                (/dev/vg00/lvol5     ): 18979652 blocks   1224395 i
/opt                 (/dev/vg00/lvol4     ): 120276192 blocks   1894100 i
/var                 (/dev/vg00/lvol6     ): 19380328 blocks   1250318 i
/stand               (/dev/vg00/lvol1     ):   438274 blocks     48607 i
/                    (/dev/vg00/lvol3     ):  3609978 blocks    481311 i

But the vol2 is a swap/dump Fs.

Code:
lvol2    vg00     Swap/Dump   32768

My question: Could mount this Fs on a point a watch busy % like the others FSs?

How do it ? with a mount command?

Thanks in Advance
AG

Last edited by pludi; 03-24-2010 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap Partition Space

first of all, sorry about my english...I´m a spanish newbie to this marvelous OS and i have just a couple of doubts...u know? :-) 1) how big should my swap partition be if i installed debian 2.2r3 or FreeBSD 4.x on a AMD k7 1400Mhz with 512Mb of Random Access Memory? i heard that those OS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: I[X]ION
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Swap Partition

How big do I set the swap partition when i'm setting up my hard drive to install RedHat. (Using Partition Magic) thanks! primal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

3. Linux

swap partition?

What does a swap partition do exactly? I was messing arround with a linux machine at my school and i deleted the swap partition using fdisk and then rebooted the machine and it worked fine and wrote a swap partition back in...lol. Is it a nessary part of the OS to use that partition? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Increase size of /tmp swap File

Hi Guys I need to increase the size of my /tmp swap file. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks Carson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmackin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

6. Solaris

/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded

Can you help. My server sunning solaris 9 on x86 platform pretty much hung for a few hours... I could not use telnet or ssh to the box - it kept refusing connection. A few hours later - I was able to log in again. The server has not rebooted but here are the first errors in the messages log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

7. Solaris

/tmp as swap

So with solaris 10 are people not using the old /tmp as a regular UFS filesystem and making /tmp part of swap or tmpfs... what are peoples thoughts on this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to mount swap on /tmp?

Hi all, I would like to know how to mount swap on /tmp at boot time? I mean i would like to know the exact commands... i will be implementing it on a distro of opensolaris ,belenix. is it the same as other mounts ? because when i surfed the net it was a little different and also since its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partition 1 swap not mounting ?

Hi, running mount, I get the following, no part1 swap as part1 swap has been created and is listed below. System works fine anyway. As I cannot unmount part1, what is a standard procedure to make part1 on. Jack ============= .. $ free total used free shared buffers cached Mem:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris full /tmp - du and df different swap NOT filled

Hello all, The issue is # df -h /tmp Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on swap 4.0G 4.0G 8.7M 100% /tmp # du -sh /tmp/ 87M /tmp By now you probably will say that this is open file destriptor issue. Well no, nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: click
2 Replies
LVCONVERT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVCONVERT(8)

NAME
lvconvert - convert a logical volume from linear to mirror or snapshot SYNOPSIS
lvconvert -m|--mirrors Mirrors [--mirrorlog {disk|core}] [--corelog] [-R|--regionsize MirrorLogRegionSize] [-A|--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-b|--background] [-i|--interval Seconds] [-h|-?|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--version] LogicalVolume[Path] [PhysicalVolume[Path]...] lvconvert -s|--snapshot [-c|--chunksize ChunkSize] [-h|-?|--help] [-v|--verbose] [-Z|--zero y|n] [--version] OriginalLogicalVolume[Path] SnapshotLogicalVolume[Path] DESCRIPTION
lvconvert will change a linear logical volume to a mirror logical volume or to a snapshot of linear volume and vice versa. It is also used to add and remove disk logs from mirror devices. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. Exactly one of --mirrors or --snapshot arguments required. -m, --mirrors Mirrors Specifies the degree of the mirror you wish to create. For example, "-m 1" would convert the original logical volume to a mirror volume with 2-sides; that is, a linear volume plus one copy. --mirrorlog {disk|core} Specifies the type of log to use. The default is disk, which is persistent and requires a small amount of storage space, usually on a separate device from the data being mirrored. Core may be useful for short-lived mirrors: It means the mirror is regenerated by copying the data from the first device again every time the device is activated - perhaps, for example, after every reboot. --corelog The optional argument "--corelog" is the same as specifying "--mirrorlog core". -R, --regionsize MirrorLogRegionSize A mirror is divided into regions of this size (in MB), and the mirror log uses this granularity to track which regions are in sync. -b, --background Run the daemon in the background. -i, --interval Seconds Report progress as a percentage at regular intervals. -s, --snapshot Create a snapshot from existing logical volume using another existing logical volume as its origin. -c, --chunksize ChunkSize Power of 2 chunk size for the snapshot logical volume between 4k and 512k. -Z, --zero y|n Controls zeroing of the first KB of data in the snapshot. If the volume is read-only the snapshot will not be zeroed. Examples "lvconvert -m1 vg00/lvol1" converts the linear logical volume "vg00/lvol1" to a two-way mirror logical volume. "lvconvert --mirrorlog core vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror with a disk log to a mirror with an in-memory log. "lvconvert --mirrorlog disk vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror with an in-memory log to a mirror with a disk log. "lvconvert -m0 vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror logical volume to a linear logical volume. "lvconvert -s vg00/lvol1 vg00/lvol2" converts logical volume "vg00/lvol2" to snapshot of original volume "vg00/lvol1" SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), lvremove(8), lvrename(8), lvextend(8), lvreduce(8), lvdisplay(8), lvscan(8) Red Hat, Inc LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVCONVERT(8)