Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX printer and extra blank page after each print Post 302406707 by ITHelper on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 04:34:48 PM
Old 03-23-2010
Explain more please in which sittings I have to change the defaults , advice please ...
ITHelper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.2 print to a local printer

HHi guys . I have this problem ,I'm trying to print to a local machine (windows from the aix box , I;m using tiny Term Emulator) I mean i have no idea what should i do to get this going. The printer is connect it to the pc , it does not have an ip address. Thanks a lot Jose (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer prints blank pages

Hello Everyone :) , I have this printer installed on the network which is an HP 1160. When sending a print job to the printer from SCO Unix 7.1 it prints one line of text and the rest of it comes up with blank pages. I have tried deleting the printer and recreating it; but I am getting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
6 Replies

3. SCO

I need the print banner (extra page) disabled

I looked around the forum here and found some answers to getting the banner page disabled but when I print a test page they aren't working. The printer I'm printing to is a HPLaserJet 2300. I couldn't find no banner settings in it either. I'm using Sco OS 5.05. Please advise. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texastig
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Printer Issue: Blank Page Printing.

We have configured Network printers in AIX 6.1. We are facing a Weird problem in Printing. While printing the user is getting a blank page after 2 pages. Please let us know the cause of this issue and ways to rectify it. If this is problem with banner/feeds how to view the default banner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugan_p
1 Replies

5. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

7. AIX

Print to Windows PDF printer from AIX

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me know. I am trying to find a way to print from AIX directly to a windows PDF printer. I don't really care if it is paid or freeware, I am just trying to get it to work. I did see a product called BullZip and I am going to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remote print from SLES (SAP) to AIX 7.1 04 sp2 virtual printer queue gets down

Hello Administrators. I have a bit difficult problem. I have local virtual printer that has backend defined in /etc/qconf to script which in turns sends the spool to the real device. whenever I print locally (from sap) the print works as it should. The printer queue after the print is done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deneth
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 and blank page with lp

Probably is possible to solving using cups,but I want to try the classical unix printing system. I have setup a fake printer with cups-pdf,clients like Windows server,Linux and Solaris11 works ok. On solaris 10 I get only blank pages,I have used this syntax lpadmin -p Cups_pdf -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
printers.conf(5)						    Apple Inc.							  printers.conf(5)

NAME
printers.conf - printer configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The printers.conf file defines the local printers that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is generated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printers are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Printer name> ... </Printer> Defines a specific printer. <DefaultPrinter name> ... </Printer> Defines a default printer. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. DeviceURI uri Specifies the device URI for a printer. ErrorPolicy abort-job ErrorPolicy retry-current-job ErrorPolicy retry-job ErrorPolicy stop-printer Specifies the error policy for the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. PortMonitor monitor Specifies the port monitor for a printer. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
classes.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS printers.conf(5)