Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values Post 302406628 by monie2717 on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 12:10:08 PM
Old 03-23-2010
Yeah the code works gud. But the value of x and var turns out null.
Any idea why.. infact var should atleast be 0 since its been initialized

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

Hello, I need some help from the experts on PL/SQL and Shell scripting. I need a shell script that runs a PL/SQL procedure and gets the values returned from the PL/SQL procedure into the shell variables. The PL/SQL procedure returns multiple values. I was able to assign a single return value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veera_Raghav
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to return fail or pass from shell script on the basis of pl/sql code execution

Hi guys, I am quite new in shell scripting. I am tring to promote some oracle jobs into control-M. In control-M, I am calling a script which establishes a connection with database and execute some procedures. Now I want if that PL/sql Block got failed script should return failure to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok1301
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store the return values of stored procedure in unix shell script.

hi i am calling a oracle stored procedure(in the database) from unix shell scripting (a.sh). the called stored procedure returns some values through OUT variables i want to assign the return values of stored procedure in to unix shell script variable. can you provide me the code. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barani75
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling pl/sql procedure from shell and return values

How could I call an Oracle PL/SQL procedure from any shell (bash) and catch returning value from that procedure (out param) or get a returning value if it's a function. also, I got into trouble when I tried to send a number as a param #!/bin/bash -e username=$1 pwd=$2 baza=$3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning return value of an embedded SQL in a shell script variable

I've a script of the following form calling a simple sql that counts the no of rows as based on some conditions. I want the count returned by the sql to get assigned to the variable sql_ret_val1. However I'm finding that this var is always getting assigned a value of 0. I have verified by executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MxC
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return value to shell script, depending on status of pl/sql udpate

Hi All, I need to return value to the main shell script, depending on whether the UPDATE command in the embedded pl/sql is successfu or not. #!bin/ksh updateStatus=`sqlplus --conn details-- << EOF DECLARE var_rows NUMBER; BEGIN update table_name set column_name =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch sql error in script?

Hi Gurus, I have a script which send sql query to oracle db and return value to my script. dummy code like below: sqlplus -s user/${PASSWD}@${ORACLE_SID} @${DIR}/query.sql > outputfile using above code, when query has error, it send error to same out put file and exit code is 0, is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)