Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab running every alternative sunday Post 302406552 by Krrishv on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 08:42:41 AM
Old 03-23-2010
Crontab running every alternative sunday

Hi,

I want to run a script starting this 28 Mar 2010 every alternative sunday. Can you give me the crontab entry for the same. Mine is a HP unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running sql in crontab

Hi, i have a scripts that update an SQL DATABASE using sqlplus command. when i run it in a interactive mode its ok but when try to run it using the crontab i get an a messege : "Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option" (there is no "who am i" command in the script) and the DB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

2. AIX

Crontab job on sunday with two week interval

Hi experts, Please help me to set a backup script run at 6AM on Sunday every two week It means the 1st sunday, run script backup at 6AM the 2nd sunday, skip the 3rd sunday, run script backup at 6AM the 4nd sunday, skip ... so on Thank you so much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tan.pham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab job to run every sunday

Hello, I wanted to run one of my shell script for every sunday at 5PM. Here is the crontab entry i am using.. 00 17 * * 0 /inventory/update.sh > /inventory/update.log 2>&1 The job is not kicking on sunday at the specified time.. Am i missing anthing? Any help is appreciated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab is not running!!!

Hi experts, need your helpo. after editing the crontab while saving the file it says- "/tmp/crontabRlaauT" 1 line, 77 characters cron may not be running - call your system administrator And i checked after certain time. script in cron is not running. I got a mail in user saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running a script

Hi, I posted this in the Solaris forum but I think this one would be more appropriate. I created a script starting with the following lines: #!/usr/bin/ksh flag=n export flag typeset -i quant=0 (...) When running it I'm getting the following 2 errors: /tmp/tstscript/testfail.ksh:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue while running from crontab

Hi All, Here is my command which I've scheduled to be run from crontab, but it's giving error message: rah: rahhost executable needed but not in PATH My cmd is- 36 10 * * * /opt/IBM/dwe/db2/V9.5/bin/rah "df -m" >> /db2home/bculinux/Files/log/db.out 2>&1 Though I've added path... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Cronjob doesnot exist on the machine but running every sunday

I have deleted a particular cronjob couple of months ago but the jb is still running every sunday, even though it is not present in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root file. Please assist. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not running script

Hi All, I am having the below script to be run from crontab, it it doesnt run. 1 * * * * /home/cobr_ext/test.sh > /home/cobr_ext/temp.txt when i run i manally it runs without any issues. Could please help me as to why doesnt it run the script.:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab running bi-weekly

Hi experts, Need your help to schedule the script(test.sh) bi-weekly in linux machine. script need to run at every alernate thursday at 9 am . Please help to run the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
6 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
cron [-l load_avg] [-n] DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. The -n option changes this default behavior causing it to run in the foreground. This can be useful when starting it out of init. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. Daylight Saving Time and other time changes Local time changes of less than three hours, such as those caused by the start or end of Daylight Saving Time, are handled specially. This only applies to jobs that run at a specific time and jobs that are run with a granularity greater than one hour. Jobs that run more fre- quently are scheduled normally. If time has moved forward, those jobs that would have run in the interval that has been skipped will be run immediately. Conversely, if time has moved backward, care is taken to avoid running jobs twice. Time changes of more than 3 hours are considered to be corrections to the clock or timezone, and the new time is used immediately. PAM Access Control On SUSE LINUX systems, crond now supports access control with PAM - see pam(8). A PAM configuration file for crond is installed in /etc/pam.d/crond . crond loads the PAM environment from the pam_env module, but these can be overriden by settings in the crontab file. SIGNALS
On receipt of a SIGHUP, the cron daemon will close and reopen its log file. This is useful in scripts which rotate and age log files. Naturally this is not relevant if cron was built to use syslog(3). CAVEATS
In this version of cron, /etc/crontab must not be writable by any user other than root. No crontab files may be links, or linked to by any other file. No crontab files may be executable, or be writable by any user other than their owner. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 10 January 1996" CRON(8)