Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK script to detect webpages from file Post 302406544 by ROFL on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 08:22:34 AM
Old 03-23-2010
I managed to fix it before your post, but thanks anyway, it's a much shorter solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to detect new file entry in directory

Hi All, I want to detect each new file coming / getting created in unix directory. When every new file came to directory, i have to get its details like its size , date and time stamp and store it into another file. Could any one please tell me , how i can achieve that? Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_1984
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to detect my script is already running

I have a script which must not be run more than once at any given time. THis script will be scheduled to run every 20 mins as a cron job. In my script can i have logic to say if this script is already running from the previous cron, then exit. How do i go about doing that. If you describe the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmulchandani
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to detect webpages from file

Hi guys I'm very new to unix and I have to create an awk script that detects webpage addresses from a file/webpage and outputs how many times each webpage was detected.e.g. if my file was: (Note: The symbol " was added to stop them being created into links) "www.google.com"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ROFL
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to detect a file from inserted usb and puts into a Variable

There is a same named log file that I have on my 2 different android phones. When I plug it into my computer, it appears in the media folder, For example the first android phone: /media/F6BA-0AF5/folder/A.log I want to put that into a variable to be manipulated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobenguyen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to detect dynamic ip change and update to config file

Hi All, I am newbie here and request your assistance. I have a service running on public ip, but since I have a dynamic IP it keeps on changing and every time I need to manually get the new ip and add to the config file and restart the service. This has become bit time consuming. Hence, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect empty field in awk ?

Hi ! programmers I have a need of detecting empty field in file my file looks like this 40.900|-71.600|1.6|20|1|1961|21.00|3.700||1|US|28035|10029370|31 40.900|-71.600|5.7|20|1|1961|21.00|3.700||1|US|28035|10029370|31 40.900|-71.600|7.8|20|1|1961|21.00|3.700||1|US|28035|10029370|31... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with detect with regex and move script

Hi all, I am needing some help with a script that will search for a video file by known extensions and then do a pattern search (I'm guessing via regex) and then based on a match of one type of another move the file to an assigned directory. I would like to do this with either a shell script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simplify
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect awk and nawk?

I have 10 scripts which use awk/nawk extensively. I have to always change awk to nawk and nawk to awk when i deploy all my scripts to different types of servers as some support nawk while other support awk. Can you propose a solution that without having to tweak my 10 scripts at several... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to detect specific string in a log file and count it

Hello, can someone guide me on this? I don't know what is the best approach, (awk script, shell script) I am using RedHat Linux version 6.5. There is a third party application deployed on that server. This app by default generates 5 log files and each file is 20MB. These log rollover... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktisbest
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect url in use in a script?

Hello, I have a small script and it runs from web application in below format: pipe:///path_to_myscript.sh url1 url2 url3 myscript.sh: #!/bin/bash count=0 while do count=$((count+1)) exec 3>&1 ((ffmpeg -i $1 ...... -f mpegts pipe:1 2>/dev/null 1>&3 ) 2>&1 | \ while read LINE; do echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
9 Replies
XtRealizeWidget(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						XtRealizeWidget(3)

NAME
XtRealizeWidget, XtIsRealized, XtUnrealizeWidget - realize and unrealize widgets SYNTAX
void XtRealizeWidget(Widget w); Boolean XtIsRealized(Widget w); void XtUnrealizeWidget(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
If the widget is already realized, XtRealizeWidget simply returns. Otherwise, it performs the following: o Binds all action names in the widget's translation table to procedures (see Section 10.1.2). o Makes a post-order traversal of the widget tree rooted at the specified widget and calls the change_managed procedure of each compos- ite widget that has one or more managed children. o Constructs an XSetWindowAttributes structure filled in with information derived from the Core widget fields and calls the realize pro- cedure for the widget, which adds any widget-specific attributes and creates the X window. o If the widget is not a subclass of compositeWidgetClass, XtRealizeWidget returns; otherwise, it continues and performs the following: - Descends recursively to each of the widget's managed children and calls the realize procedures. Primitive widgets that instanti- ate children are responsible for realizing those children themselves. - Maps all of the managed children windows that have mapped_when_managed True. (If a widget is managed but mapped_when_managed is False, the widget is allocated visual space but is not displayed. Some people seem to like this to indicate certain states.) If the widget is a top-level shell widget (that is, it has no parent), and mapped_when_managed is True, XtRealizeWidget maps the widget window. The XtIsRealized function returns True if the widget has been realized, that is, if the widget has a nonzero X window ID. Some widget procedures (for example, set_values) might wish to operate differently after the widget has been realized. The XtUnrealizeWidget function destroys the windows of an existing widget and all of its children (recursively down the widget tree). To recreate the windows at a later time, call XtRealizeWidget again. If the widget was managed, it will be unmanaged automatically before its window is freed. SEE ALSO
XtManageChildren(3Xt) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.7 XtRealizeWidget(3)