Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking Post 302406483 by malcomex999 on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 05:16:40 AM
Old 03-23-2010
Can you explain how you get the below line in red from your desired output..

Code:
>pattern_5_0.01
TCGTTCATGTA
>pattern_5_0.02
TTGASDAS
>pattern_1_0.01
GATATCACCG
>pattern_1_0.02
GATTAG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the content after a specific data

My input: >seq_1 DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS >seq_3 RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN >seq_8 RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR >seq_10 NELPLEKGSLDSISIE >seq_9 PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+ QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR >seq_4 DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6 FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG My output: Extract all... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing

Input file: >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 1 Pos: SVAVPQRHHPGGTVFREPIIIPAIPRLVPGWNKPIIIGRHAFGDQYRATDRVIPGPGKLE LVYTPVNGEPETVKVYDFQGGGIAQTQYNTDESIRGFAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMSTKNTI LKRYDGRFKDIFQEIYESTYQKDFEAKNLWYEHRLIDDMVAQMIKSEGGFVMALKNYDGD >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 2 Pos: FAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMS... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to extract detail and its content above specific value problem asking

Input file: >position_10 sample:68711 coords:5453-8666 number:3 type:complete len:344 MSINQYSSDFHYHSLMWQQQQQQQQHQNDVVEEKEALFEKPLTPSDVGKLNRLVIPKQHA ERYFPLAAAAADAVEKGLLLCFEDEEGKPWRFRYSYWNSSQSYVLTKGWSRYVKEKHLDA NRTS* >position_4 sample:68711 coords:553-866 number:4 type:partial len:483... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all content that match exactly only specific word

Input: 21 templeta parent 35718 36554 . - . ID=parent_cluster_50.21.11; Name=Partial%20parent%20for%20training%20set; 21 templeta kids 35718 36554 . - . ID=_52; Parent=parent_cluster_5085.21.11; 21 templeta ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rename header content based on reference file problem

I got long list of reference file >data_tmp_number_22 >data_tmp_number_12 >data_tmp_number_20 . . Input file: >sample_data_1 Math, 5, USA, tmp SDFEWRWERWERWRWER FSFDSFSDFSDGSDGSD >sample_data_2 Math, 15, UK, tmp FDSFSDFF >sample_data_3 Math, 50, USA, tmp ARQERREQR . . Desired... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific string and rename file

Hi all, I am working on a small prog.. i have a file.txt which contains random data... K LINES V4 ADD CODE `COMPANY` ADD CODE `DISTRIBUTOR` SEQ NAME^K LINES V5 SEQ NAME^K LINES V6 ADD `PACK-LDATE` SEQ NAME^K^KCOMMAND END^KHEADINFO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mukeshguliao
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rename data content

Input file: data21_result1 data23_result1 data43_result1 data43_result2 data43_result3 data3_result1 . . data9_result1 Desired output data1_result1 data2_result1 data3_result1 data3_result2 data3_result3 data4_result1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies
Test::Inline::Extract(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Test::Inline::Extract(3pm)

NAME
Test::Inline::Extract - Extract relevant Pod sections from source code. DESCRIPTION
The Test::Inline::Extract package extracts content interesting to Test::Inline from source files. METHODS
new $file | $source The "new" constructor creates a new Extract object. It is passed either a file name from which the source code would be loaded, or a reference to a string that directly contains source code. Returns a new "Test::Inline::Extract" object or "undef" on error. elements my $elements = $Extract->elements; The "elements" method extracts from the Pod any parts of the file that are relevant to the extraction and generation process of "Test::Inline". The elements will be either a package statements, or a section of inline unit tests. They will only be returned if there is at least one section of inline unit tests. Returns a reference to an array of package strings and sections of inline unit tests. Returns false if there are no sections containing inline unit tests. TO DO
- For certain very complex cases, add a more intensive alternative parser based on PPI SUPPORT
See the main SUPPORT section. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.12.4 2010-11-22 Test::Inline::Extract(3pm)