Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation Post 302406403 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 22nd of March 2010 07:12:26 PM
Old 03-22-2010
This tells you how to install the plugin into Firefox on Linux:
Java Plugin Install for Linux

Currently my Firefox plugins directory for Ubuntu 9.10 is:
Code:
/usr/lib/firefox-3.5.8/plugins

so presumably yours will be:
Code:
/usr/lib/firefox-3.5.3/plugins

and my java plugin symbolic links is:
Code:
libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.15/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

You could run:
Code:
# updatedb
# locate libjavaplugin_oji.so

To find where the Java plugin file is on your system.

The Java installers I have come across install themselves under your pwd so I cd to /usr and run them (as root).

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. AIX

mozilla-firefox

i attempt to install mozilla...and after the installation finish i have failed that say: the following rpm image are required before mozilla.base.rte can be installed what to d? or how do i install the rpms? thanx..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitt74
1 Replies
applyplugin(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    applyplugin(1)

NAME
applyplugin - apply LADSPA plugin to an audio file SYNOPSIS
applyplugin [-s[seconds]] <input wave file> <output wave file> <LADSPA plugin file name> <plugin label> <Control1> <Control2> ... [<LADSPA plugin file name> <plugin label> <Control1> <Control2> ... ] ... DESCRIPTION
applyplugin applies a series of LADSPA plugins to an audio data source to create a destination audio file. OPTIONS
-s[seconds] Add seconds of silence after end of input file. FILES
/usr/lib/ladspa/*.so LADSPA plugin files are installed here by default. ENVIRONMENT
LADSPA_PATH should be set to something like "/usr/local/lib/ladspa:/usr/lib/ladspa:" for plugins to be found at all. BUGS
Requires environmental variable to work properly. CONFORMING TO
LADSPA standard, by linux-audio-dev mailing list members. AUTHOR
ladspa-sdk was written by Richard Furse (richard@muse.demon.co.uk). This manpage was written by Junichi Uekawa (dancer@debian.org). SEE ALSO
listplugins(1), analyseplugin(1) ladspa-sdk 2001 May 14 applyplugin(1)