Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Cutting edge IT software - what's out there and what do you use Post 302406373 by frustrated1 on Monday 22nd of March 2010 05:28:54 PM
Old 03-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhfrommn
Check out Splunk. Not free, but very, very good. Easy to use and implement, and tons of features - very powerful.
Yes - have heard of this, Is it good for performance monitoring?

Anyone heard of Sarcheck - again its not free but I have applied for a trial license. Any experience of it - good or bad? How does it compare to the likes of splunk etc..

Thanks for all the replies to date - I have heard of most of whats mentioned but they dont all cover various OS's or have some nice outputs in graphs etc that can be used for reporting to mgt level

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with edge-list

I have an edge-list with nodes, edge.txt A B B J J H C A G H G A A C K G I have another file which tells me which of these nodes are important, input.txt G C A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
3 Replies

2. Web Development

Set Edge Compatibility Mode for IE

hi i have code in iplanet webserver in obj.conf file <If $uri !~'^/app/literature/item/(.*)'> AuthTrans fn="set-variable" insert-srvhdrs="X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE8" </If> i want to migrate it to apache webserver need your help to replace the above code for apache webserver. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two edge list

Hello, I have two network edgelists with first two columns as nodes and the last column pearson correlation coefficient (PCC). I want to remove the edges from net1 whose edges are common with net2 && (PCC)net2>=(PCC)net1 net1.txt A B 0.6 A C 0.7 B C 0.7 D C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Threshold(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Nagios::Plugin::Threshold(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Threshold - class for handling Nagios::Plugin thresholds. SYNOPSIS
# NB: This is an internal Nagios::Plugin class. # See Nagios::Plugin itself for public interfaces. # Constructor $t = Nagios::Plugin::Threshold->set_thresholds( warning => $warning_range_string, critical => $critical_range_string, ); # Value checking - returns CRITICAL if in the critical range, # WARNING if in the warning range, and OK otherwise $status = $t->get_status($value); # Accessors - return the associated N::P::Range object $warning_range = $t->warning; $critical_range = $t->critical; DESCRIPTION
Internal Nagios::Plugin class for handling threshold data. See Nagios::Plugin for public interfaces. A threshold object contains (typically) a pair of ranges, associated with a particular severity e.g. warning => range1 critical => range2 AUTHOR
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: see http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-22 Nagios::Plugin::Threshold(3pm)