Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Itinerate throught HTML table Post 302406295 by durden_tyler on Monday 22nd of March 2010 01:24:55 PM
Old 03-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by valigula
the desire result will be:

The last order that is "Complete"; order number is a seq so newer numbers are always at the botton.
Here's one way to do it with Perl -

Code:
$
$ cat -n f5
     1  <html>
     2  <body>
     3    <div>
     4    <table id="orderList">
     5      <thead>
     6        <tr>
     7          <th>order number</th>
     8          <th>order type</th>
     9          <th>product type</th>
    10          <th>status</th>
    11          <th>status date</th>
    12        </tr>
    13      </thead>
    14      <tbody>
    15        <tr class="odd">
    16          <td><span id="orderLink">24978900</a></td>
    17          <td><span id="orderType">Provide</span></td>
    18          <td><span id="productType">Prod1</span></td>
    19          <td><span id="status">Complete</span></td>
    20          <td><span id="statusDate">18/12/09</span></td>
    21          <td><span id="bucket"></span></td>
    22        </tr><tr class="even">
    23          <td><span id="orderLink">27004805</a></td>
    24          <td><span id="orderType">Cease</span></td>
    25          <td><span id="productType"></span></td>
    26          <td><span id="status">Rejected</span></td>
    27          <td><span id="statusDate">17/02/10</span></td>
    28        </tr>
    29      </tbody>
    30    </table>
    32  </div>
    33  </body>
    34  </html>
$
$ perl -lne 'BEGIN{undef $/}while (/.*<tr.*?"orderLink">(\d+)<.*?>Complete<.*?\/tr>.*/msg){print $1}' f5
$
$

tyler_durden

Last edited by durden_tyler; 03-22-2010 at 02:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML table to CSV

Hi !! I have HTML Tables through which i want to generate graphs, but for creating graphs i need the file in CSV format so can anyone can please help me in how can i convert my HTML table file to CSV format. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_priyank
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export a HTML table to Xcel

Hello All, I have a perl script that prints a HMTL table. I want to convert this data into a report and this want to export this information into Excel. How can I do this? Regards, garric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Sorting HTML table

Hi All, I have an html table which looks like this: <table align="center" border="1"> <CAPTION><EM>Heading for Table</EM></CAPTION> <tr><td><b>1</b></TD><TD><b>2</b></TD><TD><b>3</b></TD><TD><b>4</b></TD><TD><b>TOTAL</b></TD><TD><b>DATE</b></td></tr> <tr><td>88088283</TD> <TD>87613101</TD>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pondlife
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format txt file as html table

I have a short time to solve a problem, so I need some help. I've searched the forum, but I couldn't find a solution to my problem. I made a script to filter some text and now I have a new requirement to make it available as html table. Problem is that I more than one files with different set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetreb
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a bash script to create a html table

Hi guys as the title says i need a little help i have partisally written a bash script to create a table in html so if i use ./test 3,3 i get the following output for the third arguement in the script i wish to include content that will be replace the A characters in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get HTML table

Hi all, I have a html that contains several tables in it. Need to extract the data from one of them named "orderList". Is it any easy way without using loops. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: valigula
4 Replies

7. Web Development

Help on filtering the table in HTML

1. how to get the filter option on table so that user can enter the fields which ever they want to print only according to the need ? 2.how to print the full fledge table if there is no value in the rows of the table but it should print the whole rows and column in proper tabular form? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidhi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating html table from data in file

Hi. I need to create html table from file which contains data. No awk please :) In example, ->cat file num1 num2 num3 23 3 5 2 3 4 (between numbers and words single TAB). after running mycode i need to get (heading is the first line): <table>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manu1234567
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract table from an HTML file

I want to extract a table from an HTML file. the table starts with <table class="tableinfo" and ends with next closing table tag </table> how can I do this with awk/sed... ---------- Post updated at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:28 PM ---------- also I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koutroul
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export HTML table

HI , I have a HTML tables as below. It has 2 tables ,I want to extract the second table . Please help me in doing it. <html> <body> <b><br>Running Date: </b>11-JAN-2019 03:07</br> <h2> Schema mapping and info </h2> <BR><TABLE width="100%" class="x1h" cellpadding="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepti01
3 Replies
Mail::Box::Tie::HASH(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Mail::Box::Tie::HASH(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Box::Tie::HASH - access an existing message folder as a hash SYNOPSIS
tie my(%inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie::HASH', $folder; foreach my $msgid (keys %inbox) { print $inbox{$msgid}; delete $inbox{$msgid}; } $inbox{$msg->messageId} = $msg; DESCRIPTION
Certainly when you look at a folder as being a set of related messages based on message-id, it is logical to access the folder through a hash. For a tied hash, the message-id is used as the key. The message-id is usually unique, but when two or more instances of the same message are in the same folder, one will be flagged for deletion and the other will be returned. This implementation uses basic folder access routines which are related to the message-id. METHODS
Constructors TIEHASH('Mail::Box::Tie::HASH', FOLDER) Connects the FOLDER object to a HASH. example: my $mgr = Mail::Box::Manager->new; my $folder = $mgr->open(access => 'rw'); tie my(%inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie::HASH', $folder; Tied Interface $obj->CLEAR() Remove the contents of the hash. This is not really possible, but all the messages will be flagged for deletion. example: %inbox = (); %inbox = ($msg->messageId, $msg); #before adding msg $obj->DELETE(MESSAGE-ID) Remove the message with the specified MESSAGE-ID. example: delete $inbox{$msgid}; $obj->EXISTS(MESSAGE-ID) Check whether a message with a certain MESSAGE-ID exists. example: if(exists $inbox{$msgid}) ... $obj->FETCH(MESSAGEID) Get the message with the specified id. The returned message may be a dummy if message thread detection is used. Returns "undef" when there is no message with the specified id. example: my $msg = $inbox{$msgid}; if($inbox{$msgid}->isDummy) ... $obj->FIRSTKEY() See NEXTKEY(). $obj->NEXTKEY(PREVIOUS) FIRSTKEY() returns the first message-id/message pair from the folder, and NEXTKEY returns the message-id/message pair for the next message, in the order in which the message is stored in the folder. Messages flagged for deletion will not be returned. See the Mail::Box::messages() method of the folder type for more information about the folder message order. example: foreach my $msgid (keys %inbox) ... foreach my $msg (values %inbox) ... while(my ($msgid, $msg) = each %inbox) { $msg->print unless $msg->isDeleted; } $obj->STORE(undef, MESSAGE) Store a message in the folder. The key must be "undef", because the message-id of the specified message is taken. This is shown in the first example. However, as you see, it is a bit complicated to specify "undef", therefore the string "undef" is accepted as well. The message may be converted into something which can be stored in the folder type which is at stake. The added instance is returned. example: $inbox{ (undef) } = $msg; $inbox{undef} = $msg; SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Box::Tie::HASH(3pm)