Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove prefix per line in file Post 302406252 by spidermike on Monday 22nd of March 2010 11:46:14 AM
Old 03-22-2010
ok thanks so far ... forgot to mention that I have 4 files with 4 different prefixes per line Smilie

so how about different prefixes, like BDD, BHD, BAD, BND?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove filename prefix

I've got a bunch of files called oldabc, olddef etc. i want to copy these to be abc, def.... I can do this with file extensions....but can get the logic to work for prefixes. All the files I am interested in have a prefix of 'old'. This loop is no good for me....it looks at the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove prefix from filenames

I'm trying to put together a shell script that will append specific prefixes based on the content of filenames. I think I have this part down. However, I want to append before that part a process that will remove the current prefix before it renames the files with the new prefix. For example,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove every third line from a file

I need to remove every second and every third line from a file. My idea was to do it in two operations. First every third line, then every second line. The problem is that i can't find out how to do it. I tried to look for some sed oneliners, but couldn't find any. Suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bistru
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove header(first line) and trailer(last line) in ANY given file

Hi, I need some help in removing the header (first line) and the trailer (last line) in a give file... The data file actually comes in EBCDIC format and I converted it into ASCII.. Now I need to strip off the first line and the last line.. I think we can use sed to do something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove prefix using awk

Remove prefix using awk File: nawk -F"|" '{if ($1 ~ /^xyz./) print; else { gsub(.*\..*, \..*, $1) ;print }}' file Error: ouput required: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to add a prefix to each line in file

Hello , I have file with below content : '165567885', '165568443', '165568805', I need an awk script that would add a prefix zero after first ' . Like '0165567885', '0165568443', '0165568805', Please help. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Uniq prefix from a start and end prefix

Dear All, assume i have a file with content: <Start>6000</Start> <Stop>7599</Stop> the output is: 6000 7000 7100 7200 7300 7400 7599 how should we use any awk, sed, perl can do this task, means to extract the uniq prefixes from the start and stop prefix. Thanks Jimmy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line from file and read file line by line

I have a file output.txt. File looks like this name1 10 name2 2 name3 5 I get a number n and I need to remove all lines which has number (after name) smaller or equal to n number. After that I need to write lines from file and my output must be like this: Output: 'name1 10' Output: 'name2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kubo12312
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove first line of file

How can I use bash to remove the first line of a file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies
Test::BDD::Cucumber::Harness(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Test::BDD::Cucumber::Harness(3pm)

NAME
Test::BDD::Cucumber::Harness - Base class for creating harnesses VERSION
version 0.11 DESCRIPTION
Harnesses allow your feature files to be executed while telling the outside world about how the testing is going, and what's being tested. This is a base class for creating new harnesses. You can see Test::BDD::Cucumber::Harness::TermColor and Test::BDD::Cucumber::Harness::TestBuilder for examples, although if you need to interact with the results in a more exciting way, you'd be best off interacting with Test::BDD::Cucumber::Harness::Data. METHODS
/ EVENTS feature feature_done Called at the start and end of feature execution respectively. Both methods accept a single argument of a Test::BDD::Cucumber::Model::Feature. background background_done If you have a background section, then we execute it as a quasi-scenario step before each scenario. These hooks are fired before and after that, and passed in the Test::BDD::Cucmber::Model::Scenario that represents the Background section, and a a dataset hash (although why would you use that?) scenario scenario_done Called at the start and end of scenario execution respectively. Both methods accept a Test::BDD::Cucmber::Model::Scenario module and a dataset hash. step step_done Called at the start and end of step execution respectively. Both methods accept a Test::BDD::Cucmber::StepConcept object. "step_done" also accepts a Test::BDD::Cucumber::Model::Result object. AUTHOR
Peter Sergeant "pete@clueball.com" LICENSE
Copyright 2011, Peter Sergeant; Licensed under the same terms as Perl perl v5.14.2 2012-05-20 Test::BDD::Cucumber::Harness(3pm)