Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Book and Links about Shells; and zsh question Post 302406249 by Physix on Monday 22nd of March 2010 11:32:40 AM
Old 03-22-2010
zsh version:
Code:

ksh version
Code:
Version JM 93t+ 2009-05-01

ksh
100000 loops

Code:
1.8 sec

ksh
500000 loops

Code:
9.4 sec

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question about shells?

I have come across the topic of changing shells, does that mean that all Unix operating systems comes with a variety of shells built in and its up to the user to select a shell of his/her choice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question for links in Unix

Is there a command that I can list, at once, all the links(path) of a give file ( including hard link and soft link)? If not, can it be down by writing a script? Thanks a lot. (I know that pwd would only list one path.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question posting links

Hi, I do not want to violate any rules, so thought to ask before posting any links. Just to contribute to the forum: through surfing I found a link to download "Unix in a Nutshell" (*.chm) FREE. I was wondering if I can post that link here. Thanks Hemang (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question about zsh

hi, In bash, $ bind -P | grep yank-last yank-last-arg can be found on "\M-.", "\M-_". this allows me to press ALT key and the period (.) to yank the last argument of the previous command line into the current command line. How can I get the same behavior in zsh ? Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding shells and subshells when a script is run

I have the following script running with nohup on one of my servers: #!/bin/bash #\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ #set log number #i=1 #\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ #Check if log exits, if so incrememnt log number up so we don't clobber #while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Basic Question About Links

How can you tell if a file is linked to another file?????? Do not title posts "Urgent", etc. Per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BIGGDRE10
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft links question

Hello. I have some main directories. For example : /main_dir1 /main_dir2In main_dir2, I have a sub dir named sub_dir2-1 with 2 files in it ( file_2-1, file_2-2 ) /main_dir2sub_dir2-1file_2-1 file_2-2From "/main_dir1/A/B/C" I make a soft link ln -s /main_dir2/sub_dir2-1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zsh array -a vs. -A question

Inside a zsh function, I create a local array with local -a arrayname and a local associative array with local -A arrayname. I also can create an array using set, like this: set -A arrayname value1 value2 value3In this form, I can not explicitly declare that an array is associative or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rovf
2 Replies

9. Programming

Question regarding a book for C++

Hi all. A course I am has Beginning C prescribed for our C++ work, but I am wondering, is this correct? Why not Beginning C++ by the same author? We code in C++ and learn C++, when starting a project in Code::Blocks we select C++. I may just be confused. Thanks for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AnthonyWall56
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)