Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can someone explain the 2 lines of code? Post 302406199 by panyam on Monday 22nd of March 2010 09:09:30 AM
Old 03-22-2010
So the "sed" statement should be like this:

Code:

sed -e 's/\([0-9]\)\([0-9]\{3\}[^0-9]\)/\1,\2/2' -e 's/\/2,0/\/20/'

Not sure , whether this is what your expecting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

could someone explain this code

hey peeps could someone explain what this part of the code means: 'if echo $* | grep -q' $i '|| thanks tHe_nEw_GuY (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_new_guy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

explain the code

Hi , Can anyone explains what does the below highlighted statements means: # Set environment variables . ${0%/*}/wrkenv.sh jobName_sh=${0##*/} jobName=${jobName_sh%.*} Thanks, Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one explain what this code will do

ccc_con,CCC_CON,0 Above is the input for this code #!/usr/bin/bash my_path=`dirname $0` T_table=$1 S_table=$2 P_table=$3 #Star new code while read ${my_path}/arch_table_list.txt { awk -F "," '{print $1}' ${my_path}/arch_table_list.txt ${S_table} awk -F "," '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain the meaning of the below code ?

while getopts :g:l:h: KEY $* do case $KEY in g) NAME=$OPTARG ;; l) LAB=$OPTARG ;; h) HD=$OPTARG ;; *) echo "Illegal option: $OPTARG" echo "$usage" exitStatus=1 exitGrace esac done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain what code is doing between the two dotted lines

Can someone please explain the meaning of code between the two lines below. if ; then echo "./filter.sh <a flat file containing group and id>" fi ------------------------------------------------------------ >IDnotexist #account in request does not exist in NIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

6. Programming

Explain a block of code:

Hi, I have this block in a code and I need to know it's meaning: bool selectEvents = config.get("selectEvents",false); if (selectEvents) { ifstream in("events"); while (in) { int run, evt; in >> run >> evt; if (in.eof()) break; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eager2no
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain SED code

Hi, Can anyone pls explain me the below SED code in detail. sed -e :a -e '$!N;s/\n//;ta' -e P -e D When this code is executed with a file(has 1lac records), it is taking very long time to process. So I wanted to modify this SED code with equivalant AWK code. Thanks, Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain what this code is doing

Hi, Pls explain me what the below code is doing. specially meaning if -a while calling test function- case $1 in 1) beg_dt=01; end_dt=07 ;; 2) beg_dt=08; end_dt=14 ;; 3) beg_dt=15; end_dt=21 ;; 4) beg_dt=22; end_dt=28 ;; 5) beg_dt=29; end_dt=31 ;; esac test \( `date +%w` -eq $2 -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendtoshailesh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain what this Awk code is doing

Hi Guys, Please help me, I am new to programming and I don’t understand what some parts of this code are doing. I have comments on the parts I know, please help if my understanding of the code is not correct and also help with parts with questions. awk ' { gsub( ">",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

can you explain this sed code?

can anyone please explain this code? sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/]\n//g' file it replaces lines ending with "]" and concatenates with the next line so that line1] line2 becomes line1line2 i don't understand this part: :a;N;$!ba; I have noted that I can replace "a" with any letter: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies
FLIPDIFF(1)							     Man pages							       FLIPDIFF(1)

NAME
flipdiff - exchange the order of two incremental patches SYNOPSIS
flipdiff [[-p n] | [--strip-match=n]] [[-U n] | [--unified=n]] [[-d PAT] | [--drop-context=PAT]] [[-q] | [--quiet]] [[-z] | [--decompress]] [[-b] | [--ignore-space-change]] [[-B] | [--ignore-blank-lines]] [[-i] | [--ignore-case]] [[-w] | [--ignore-all-space]] [--in-place] diff1 diff2 flipdiff {[--help] | [--version]} DESCRIPTION
flipdiff exchanges the order of two patch files that apply one after the other. The patches must be "clean": the context lines must match and there should be no mis-matched offsets. The swapped patches are sent to standard output, with a marker line ("=== 8< === cut here === 8< ===") between them, unless the --in-place option is passed. In that case, the output is written back to the original input files. OPTIONS
-p n, --strip-match=n When comparing filenames, ignore the first n pathname components from both patches. (This is similar to the -p option to GNU patch(1).) -q, --quiet Quieter output. Don't emit rationale lines at the beginning of each patch. -U n, --unified=n Attempt to display n lines of context (requires at least n lines of context in both input files). (This is similar to the -U option to GNU diff(1).) -d pattern, --drop-context=PATTERN Don't display any context on files that match the shell wildcard pattern. This option can be given multiple times. Note that the interpretation of the shell wildcard pattern does not count slash characters or periods as special (in other words, no flags are given to fnmatch). This is so that "*/basename"-type patterns can be given without limiting the number of pathname components. -i, --ignore-case Consider upper- and lower-case to be the same. -w, --ignore-all-space Ignore whitespace changes in patches. -b, --ignore-space-change Ignore changes in the amount of whitespace. -B, --ignore-blank-lines Ignore changes whose lines are all blank. -z, --decompress Decompress files with extensions .gz and .bz2. --in-place Write output to the original input files. --help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of flipdiff. LIMITATIONS
This is only been very lightly tested, and may not even work. Using --in-place is not recommended at the moment. There are some cases in which it is not possible to meaningfully flip patches without understanding the semantics of the content. This program only uses complete lines that appear at some stage during the application of the two patches, and never composes a line from parts. Because of this, it is generally a good idea to read through the output to check that it makes sense. AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer patchutils 23 January 2009 FLIPDIFF(1)