Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Rename a file to a file_current datetime in a shell script Post 302406187 by Srinivas.Jala on Monday 22nd of March 2010 08:34:28 AM
Old 03-22-2010
code like..you can use rename/mv

rename ABC.zip ABC`date '+%m%d%y'`.zip

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file to file.ext.datetime

Hi, I need to rename a file like this to include date and time: Original File : error.log Date time: Sep 20, 2007 14:10:10 New File Name: error.log.20070920_1410 How can I get date and time stame and include it in mv command. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tripsat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename files with .1,.2,.3 ....ext respectively

Hey Guys.... Just need some help as I am not proficient in Unix shell script... Doubt: --------------- Suppose there will be some of the following files inside a directory called OUT ... Path: - /appdb1/product/batch/rms/OUT files inside OUT directory:- POSU_75002_20090127_20090129035442... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to rename files

Hi, i need a bit of help writting a tcsh script which renames all ascii text files in the current directory by adding a number to their names before the extension so for example, a directory containing the files Hello.txt Hello.t Hello should have the following changes, Hello.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakuzaa
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to rename or change file extension case.

I searched the forum, but there was different type of rename. Hello. I have files in folder. Like: xxxxxxxx1.html or xxxxxxxx2.txt or xxxxxxxx3.tar.gz and how to rename or change file extension case to xxxxxxxx1.htm or xxxxxxx2.TXT or (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheldon
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for a Shell script to rename multiple files

Hi! I need help to create a shell script to search inside a file and then copy a portion of the search result as the new file name. Basically I was hacked over the weekend and the genius wipe out my drive from my server. I was able to recover alot of files, but biggest problem Is now the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidney514
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename a group of files

Hello, I am having 1800 files in a directory with a specified format, like amms_850o_prod.000003uNy amms_850o_prod.000003u8x amms_850o_prod.000003taP amms_850o_prod.000003tKy amms_850o_prod.000003si4 amms_850o_prod.000003sTP amms_850o_prod.000003sBg amms_850o_prod.000003rvx... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

write shell script to rename file

hi, I need some help in writing shell script in a bourne shell.I am trying to rename the file.. eg. find /root/data -type f -name "text*) | while read FILES do newfile=${FILES/type_2.0_20101208_34.xml / tmp.xml} mv "$FILES" "$newfile" done above written script is working...If the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML dateTime format in shell script

How can i frame current date & time in the xml standard dateTime format in shell script 2011-10-18T12:00:00.000000 I got up to the date format using the below code date '+%Y'-'%m'-'%d'T ---------- Post updated at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:53 AM ---------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to get one to one map and rename the filename

I have 2 files sorted by numerically. I need help with shell script to read these 2 files and do a 1:1 mapping and rename the filenames with the mapped case#; For example: cat case.txt 10_80 10_90 cat files.txt A BCD_x 1.pdf A BCD_x 2.pdf ls pdf_dir A BCD_x 1.pdf A BCD_x 2.pdf ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required with a file rename shell script

Hello everyone, Posting here after a long time, been away from unix world lately and it seems I have forgotten my shell scripting completely. I have a requirement where a csv file contains following columns: Full Registration VIN Stock... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
14 Replies
DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::DB2 - Parse and format DB2 dates and times SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::DB2; my $dt = DateTime::Format::DB2->parse_timestamp( '2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000' ); # 2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000 DateTime::Format::DB2->format_timestamp($dt); DESCRIPTION
This module understands the formats used by DB2 for its DATE, TIME, and TIMESTAMP data types. It can be used to parse these formats in order to create DateTime objects, and it can take a DateTime object and produce a string representing it in the DB2 format. METHODS
This class offers the following methods. All of the parsing methods set the returned DateTime object's time zone to the floating time zone, because DB2 does not provide time zone information. * parse_time($string) * parse_date($string) * parse_timestamp($string) Given a value of the appropriate type, this method will return a new "DateTime" object. The time zone for this object will always be the floating time zone, because by DB2 stores the local datetime, not UTC. If given an improperly formatted string, this method may die. * format_date($datetime) * format_time($datetime) * format_timestamp($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returns an appropriately formatted string. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Jess Robinson <castaway@desert-island.demon.co.uk> This module was shamelessly cloned from Dave Rolsky's DateTime::Format::MySQL module. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Jess Robinson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
datetime@perl.org mailing list http://datetime.perl.org/ perl v5.8.8 2007-01-20 DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)