Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to trace an AIX Process?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to trace an AIX Process? Post 302406138 by steiner on Monday 22nd of March 2010 05:35:44 AM
Old 03-22-2010
How to trace an AIX Process?

Hello,

I execute an application on my Unix AIX Server and that one crashes after reading some files. These files are very big (80 Mbytes), the application is a CVS Repository.

I have found with a comparaison on a Solaris Server that there are system limitations on my AIX Server in the configuration file /etc/security/limits.
On my Solaris Server it's worked fine, no Problem.

Our AIX guys had put all parameters on the AIX Server(limits) on unlimited.

So I try again but the error is happening again.

So I wanted to trace the process PID when I execute my CVS Command but I don't know the Unix command for tracing in live a Process.
I know nmon or ps but it is not in live.

Could you please help to trace that CVS Process.

Thanks

Bye

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to trace iowait to a certain process

Hi all, Under top command you could see some iowait output. Is any way to locate which process(s) is causing the high percentage of iowait? 17:48:39 up 19 days, 18:54, 3 users, load average: 3.24, 3.14, 3.17 392 processes: 389 sleeping, 1 running, 2 zombie, 0 stopped CPU states: cpu user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
3 Replies

2. AIX

Which command can trace what I have done on aix?

I remember there is a command can trace what I have done on aix. such as when I run smitty user to add a new user, run any command on aix, install some application software on aix, just like trace every step and every screen out to a file. I forget what command is, does anyone know it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

3. AIX

Trace the process responsible for locking filesystem ?

Hi, Sometimes when I want to unmount some filesystem I get "The requested resource is busy." error. In such a case I try to find and kill process that uses that filesystem. I do that on random. Is there a right way to find whitch prosesses use filesystem resource at given time ? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help to trace process consuming more space

Hi all, We have a server having much processes running. It is very difficuilt to trace the exact consuming more memory. Howerver, it shows CPU usage in sequence but how memory? Tried working with TOP command. Please let me know if something not clear. Thanks, Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to turn on SMTP trace on AIX?

How to turn on SMTP trace on AIX V5? where to find the SMTP logs? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Linux

Trace an extinct process

Hi gurus, Just wanted to know if there is any way to trace the PID of a process that has already completed it's job and exited. My tomcat server was found in a hung state and we restarted it. Now we have found that someone has ran a kill -9 "pid" and wanted to know if it is the PID of tomcat.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trace Process performance Using PID

Hi, i want to track a process using its PID in SOLARIS. i have a code in C++ , which memory is increasing steeply increasing every 20 days, from the code i couldn't see any memory leak. is there any way in UNIX where with the help of PID i can trace the Process usage evry hour. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a trace on shell script running in AIX?

Please help me in putting a trace on shell script running in AIX Best regards, Vishal (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some trace file to track timings of a process

I will initiate a process from Server1 and the flow is as follow Server1 --> Web server --> Application server --> DB Server Note all seperate unix servers. Now I need to put a trace for that process to track the timings from each server. Like the below trace should be there: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
5 Replies
cgi-fcgi(1)						      General Commands Manual						       cgi-fcgi(1)

NAME
cgi-fcgi - bridge from CGI to FastCGI SYNOPSIS
cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] DESCRIPTION
cgi-fcgi is a CGI/1.1 program that communicates with an already-running FastCGI application in order to respond to an HTTP request. cgi- fcgi is also capable of starting a FastCGI application. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath then cgi-fcgi opens the file at cmdPath and reads its arguments from that file. cgi-fcgi will skip lines that begin with the comment char- acter #. The first non-comment line should contain valid arguments in one of the other three forms. The -f form of cgi-fcgi is designed for Unix systems whose exec(2) family of system calls supports the execution of command interpreter files. For instance, if a file with execute permission contains the text #! /bin/cgi-fcgi -f -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app the effect is the same as executing /usr/bin/cgi-fcgi -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName the connName argument is either the path name of a Unix domain listening socket or a host:port pair. If connName contains a colon, it is assumed to be host:port. cgi-fcgi performs a connect(2) using connName. If the connect succeeds, cgi-fcgi forwards the CGI environment variables and stdin data to the FastCGI application, and forwards the stdout and stderr data from the application to cgi-fcgi's stdout (most likely connected to a Web server). When the FastCGI application signals the end of its response, cgi-fcgi flushes its buffers and exits, and the Web server completes the http response. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] then cgi-fcgi performs the function of starting one or more FastCGI application processes. The connName argument specifies either the path name of the Unix domain listening socket that cgi-fcgi will create, or is "localhost:NNN" where NNN is the port number of the TCP/IP lis- tening socket that cgi-fcgi will create on the local machine. (cgi-fcgi will not create processes on remote machines.) After cgi-fcgi creates the listening socket, it forks nServers copies of a process running the executable file appPath. If nServers is omitted, the effect is as if the value "1" had been specified. The processes share the single listening socket. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi performs -bind and then, if necssary, performs -start and repeats the -bind. That is, cgi-fcgi first operates as if the command had been cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName If the connect fails, cgi-fcgi tries cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] and finally retries cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName In this form, cgi-fcgi does not support TCP/IP connections. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The usual CGI ones, but they are not interpreted by cgi-fcgi. SEE ALSO
FGCI_accept(3). (in Debian, /usr/share/doc/libfcgi?/*) BUGS
cgi-fcgi doesn't generate useful HTTP responses in case of error, and it generates no response at all when run as start-fcgi. On Digital UNIX 3.0 systems the implementation of Unix Domain sockets does not work when such sockets are stored on NFS file systems. Symptom: cgi-fcgi may core dump or may exit with status 38. Work-around: store sockets in local file systems (/tmp often works) or use TCP/IP. On AIX systems the implementation of listening sockets does not support socket sharing, and the standard FastCGI application libraries can't synchronize access to AIX listening sockets. Work-around: Don't use the nServers argument on AIX. HISTORY
Copyright (c) 1996 Open Market, Inc. See the file "LICENSE.TERMS" for information on usage and redistribution of this file, and for a DIS- CLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES. $Id: cgi-fcgi.1,v 1.1.1.1 1997/09/16 15:36:26 stanleyg Exp $ 1997-09-17 cgi-fcgi(1)