Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error with "multiplication table" in shell script Post 302406121 by vinodpaw on Monday 22nd of March 2010 04:47:52 AM
Old 03-22-2010
Its working

Hi, Thanks a lot ,
actually i forgot to put `.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"else" unmatched error in shell script.

Friends I have pasted a script below d08083: cat tests #!/bin/ksh if then rm -r Last-Previous mv Previous Last-Previous mv Current Previous mkdir Current #cd Current mv $1 Current else cd Current mv "$1\$2" Current\*\ fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

3. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -n1 -r -p "Press..." key / produces error in bash shell script

Hello! Sorry, for my not so perfect english! I want to stop bash shell script execution until any key is pressed. This line in a bash shell script read -n1 -r -p "Press any key to continue..." key produces this error When I run this from the command line usera@lynx:~$ read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxinho
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need to identify the process/app which is triggering the error "vmunix: file: table is full"

Hi, I'm seeing the error vmunix: file: table is full in syslog.log. Although changing the value of the kernel parameter nfile would make this error go away, how would I identify which process/application in the server is triggering this error? The server is a HP-UX B.11.11. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enchogas
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP-UX: Shell Script giving " 0^J30: Syntax error"

Hi All, We are getting a very unique error while running a shell script on HP-UX box. Can somebody help in this regards? The shell script is working fine on linux/solaris box. Error: ++++++++++++++++++++++++ $/test.sh ./test.sh: 0^J30: Syntax error $ ++++++++++++++++++++++++ TIA.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vai_sh
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Net::Whois::RIPE::Iterator(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::Whois::RIPE::Iterator(3pm)

NAME
Net::Whois::RIPE::Iterator - iterator for RIPE object's. SYNOPSIS
use Net::Whois::RIPE; use Net::Whois::RIPE::Iterator; $whois = Net::Whois::RIPE->new($host); $iterator = Net::Whois::RIPE::Iterator->new($whois,$query); while ($obj = $iterator->next) { ... } DESCRIPTION
Implements an iterator for Net::Whois::RIPE::Objects. CONSTRUCTOR
new (WHOIS, QUERY) The constructor returns undef on failure. If debug is on then a message is carped about the failure. WHOIS is an object of class Net::Whois::RIPE QUERY is a query string to be sent to the WHOIS object to retrieve the whois objects. METHODS
next() Returns the next Net::Whois::RIPE::Object from the query. Returns undef if no more objects. debug(LEVEL) Sets/gets debugging level on the class or an object. 0 - no debugging 1 - debugging on AUTHOR
Kevin Baker, <shagol@users.sourceforge.net> SEE ALSO
Net::Whois::RIPE Net::Whois::RIPE::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Kevin Baker and APNIC Pty. Ltd. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 23: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 33: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 35: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 48: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.0 2006-04-17 Net::Whois::RIPE::Iterator(3pm)