Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reconditioned HP UX Server - How to connect Post 302406050 by dnbert on Sunday 21st of March 2010 05:12:23 PM
Old 03-21-2010
Can't tell you specifically what's wrong without being there crashing the machine. But here are some things I would suggest checking/trying.

1.) Verify that the console ports baud rate is correct, I've had instances where specific machine don't like 9600 or 115200 or whatever so nothing will show up.

2.) Try consoling in over serial instead, just incase the console card is broken.

3.) Run a cat5 cable to another machine that's not in production, do a tcpdump on the device that is connected to your UX box. Wait for the machine to try to DHCP and fail, grab the IP that it spits out and then telnet over to that machine. This will allow you to setup the nic and check to see if the console card is even registering as a device.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To Connect to Windows server from Unix server

Hi i am writing a script in unix where after some validations, i require the script to connect to a windows server and then kich off a batch file there. i tried ftp and got the error message that "the remote host refused an attempted connect operation". I am able to connect to this unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidzz911
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Server B from Server A and Archive the file

Hi I need to connect to a ServerB from Server A eg: Server A : 172.20.273.51, un: xxx, pwd: xxx Server B: 172.20.273.51, un:yyy, pwd: yyy Need to copy the files(with name starts with IME*) from /grid/pc/IME* to /grid/pc/archive What will be the command or script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
3 Replies

3. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to one server from other server without asking password

Hi , I am using redhat linux 5.I.I need a command or script which need to login from one server to another without asking password.This can be done even providing password on the command line is also fine.I have tries sshpass but it didn't work.ssh key generations is not preferred here. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
7 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect from one server(Current) to another server?

Hi, I have something like this. I have connected to one server ServerA and from this ServerA, i need to do ssh connection to ServerB and then execute my queries. #!/usr/bin/expect spawn ssh Myusername@ServerB expect "password" send "Mypassword\r" interact Output.ksh: spawn: not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
SETUPCON(1)						    Console-setup User's Manual 					       SETUPCON(1)

NAME
setupcon - sets up the font and the keyboard on the console SYNOPSIS
setupcon [OPTION]... [VARIANT] DESCRIPTION
setupcon is a program for fast and easy setup of the font and the keyboard on the console. Most of the time you invoke setupcon without arguments. The keyboard configuration is specified in ~/.keyboard or /etc/default/keyboard. The font configuration is specified in ~/.console-setup or /etc/default/console-setup. Consult keyboard(5) and console-setup(5) for instructions how to configure these two files. If you have to switch often between different encodings, keyboards or languages, you can prepare several alternative configuration files for setupcon. Suppose that most of the time you will use Greek language with Greek keyboard layout, but sometimes you need to type in Ger- man with German keyboard layout. In this situation you should customize the main configuration files (keyboard and console-setup) for Greek. Also, create alternative configuration files for German named keyboard.german and console-setup.german. Then in order to configure the console for Greek you will simply run the command with no arguments: setupcon and in order to configure the console for German you will use setupcon german. OPTIONS
VARIANT Specifies which configuration file to use. With no variant, the configuration files of setupcon are named console-setup and key- board. On the other hand, if you use e.g. chukchi as VARIANT then the configuration files are console-setup.chukchi and key- board.chukchi. In this way you can have easy access to several different configurations - for example one for the Chukchi language and another for the default configuration. -v, --verbose Be more verbose. Use this option if something goes wrong or while experimenting with the configuration files. -k, --keyboard-only Setup the keyboard only, do not setup the font or the terminal. On Linux it is enough to do this configuration only once. -f, --font-only Setup the font only, do not setup the keyboard or the terminal. On Linux this configuration should be repeated each time a new con- sole driver is activated (for example when the frame buffer becomes active). -t, --terminal-only Setup the terminal only, do not setup the keyboard or the font. --current-tty Setup the only the current virtual terminal. --force Do not check whether we are on the console. Notice that you can be forced to hard-reboot your computer if you run setupcon with this option and the screen is controlled by a X server. --save This option can be useful if you want to use setupcon early in the boot process while /usr is not yet mounted and the required data are not available. This option will make setupcon copy the required files in /etc/console-setup/ in order to make them available before /usr is mounted. If you use setupcon early in the boot process, then you should run it with this option after every change of the console configuration. --save-only The same as --save, but does not setup anything. This option can be useful if you want to save the required files while the screen is controlled by a X server. --save-keyboard FILE For use by initrd builders. Do not configure anything. Save an usable keyboard layout in FILE. --setup-dir DIR For use by initrd builders. Do not configure anything. Arrange in the directory DIR everything necessary in order to configure the console. The file DIR/morefiles lists all binaries the initrd builder has to install in the initrd image. All other files in DIR have to be copied unchanged in the initrd. In order to configure the console one has to run the script DIR/bin/setupcon. -h, --help Display usage information. FILES
~/.console-setup ~/.keyboard /etc/default/console-setup /etc/default/keyboard /etc/default/console-setup.VARIANT /etc/default/keyboard.VARIANT /etc/console-setup/ SEE ALSO
keyboard(5), console-setup(5) console-setup 2011-03-17 SETUPCON(1)