Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parse apl-numeric codes from filenames, and match them to entries in database Post 302405982 by cfajohnson on Sunday 21st of March 2010 07:51:26 AM
Old 03-21-2010
Code:
codefile=/path/to/file/with/codes
datfile=/path/to/data/file

matching_records=$( grep -f "$codefile" "$datafile" )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse filenames in a directory and do some actions

Hi All, I don't have much experience in scripting, and couldn't find anything that will help me to write a script I need, hopefully you can help me with it. I have lots of files in one directory with the following file name pattern: 100001-something.ext1 100101-something2.ext2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: troman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, testing a database for a match

hi there. in perl, I am struggling to find a simple method of connecting to a database, determining if the result of my query is "true" and then testing against the result. I dont even really want the data that i am 'SELECT'íng. i effectively just want to check that a record exists with a UID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match a numeric range specified by two columns

Hi Everyone, Here's a snippet of my data: File 1 = testRef2: A1BG - 13208 13284 AAA1 - 34758475 34873943 AAAS - 53701240 53715412File 2 = 42MLN.3.bedS2: 13208 13208 13360 13363 13484 13518 13518My awk script: awk 'NR == FNR{a=$1;next} {$1>=a}{$1<=a}{print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heecha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk numeric range match only one digit?

Hello, I have a text file with lines that look like this: 1974 12 27 -0.72743 -1.0169 2 1.25029 1974 12 28 -0.4958 -0.72926 2 0.881839 1974 12 29 -0.26331 -0.53426 2 0.595623 1974 12 30 7.71432E-02 -0.71887 3 0.723001 1974 12 31 0.187789 -1.07114 3 1.08748 1975 1 1 0.349933 -1.02217... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meridionaljet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a numeric string without any delimiters?

Hi , I have a number say 12345001 which needs to be parsed. Its a number that has no delimiters.I have to read the last three digits and then the rest of digits irrespective of the total length of the number. The digits then have to be swapped and changed to a fixed length. The fillers to be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse through ~21,000 Database DDL statements -- Fastest way to perform search, replace and insert

Hello All: We are looking to search through 2000 files with around 21,000 statements where we have to search, replace and insert a pattern based on the following: 1) Parse through the file and check for CREATE MULTISET TABLE or CREATE SET TABLE statements.....and they always end with ON... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log file to insert into database

I have a log file that's created daily by this command: sar -u 300 288 >> /var/log/usage/$(date "+%Y-%m-%d")_$(hostname)_cpu.log It that contains data like this: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (myhostname) 08/15/2015 _x86_64_ (1 CPU) 11:34:17 PM CPU %user %nice ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unplugme71
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse result that match data from file

i run command that return this result,example : gigabitethernet2/2/4:NotPresent, gigabitethernet2/1/17:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/10:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/5:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/9:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/36:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/33:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/8:UP,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pattern Match FileNames

I am on AIX. I need to list the contents of the directory based on a pattern and write an XML output file with file names. If a filename does NOT match the below pattern then write an OUTPUT xml file in the below xml format Pattern Starts with (.abc) and contains (def) Starts with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
4 Replies
SC_USAGE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       SC_USAGE(1)

NAME
sc_usage -- show system call usage statistics SYNOPSIS
sc_usage [-c codefile] [-e] [-l] [-s interval] pid | cmd | -E execute DESCRIPTION
sc_usage displays an ongoing sample of system call and page fault usage statistics for a given process in a ``top-like'' fashion. It requires root privileges due to the kernel tracing facility it uses to operate. Page faults can be of the following types: PAGE_IN page had to read from disk ZERO_FILL page was created and zero filled COW page was copied from another page CACHE_HIT page was found in the cache The arguments are as follows: -c When the -c option is specified, it expects a path to a codefile that contains the mappings for the system calls. This option over- rides the default location of the system call codefile which is found in /usr/share/misc/trace.codes. -e Specifying the -e option generates output that is sorted by call count. This overrides the default sort by time. -l The -l option causes sc_usage to turn off its continuous window updating style of output and instead output as a continuous scrolling of data. -s By default, sc_usage updates its output at one second intervals. This sampling interval may be changed by specifying the -s option. Enter the interval in seconds. pid | cmd | -E execute The last argument must be a process id, a running command name, or using the -E option, an execution path followed by optional argu- ments. The system call usage data for the process or command is displayed. If the -E flag is used, sc_usage will launch the exe- cutable, pass along any optional arguments and display system call usage date for that executable. The data columns displayed are as follows: TYPE the system call type NUMBER the system call count CPU_TIME the amount of cpu time consumed WAIT_TIME the absolute time the process is waiting CURRENT_TYPE the current system call type LAST_PATHNAME_WAITED_FOR for each active thread, the last pathname that was referenced by a system call that blocked CUR_WAIT_TIME the cumulative time that a thread has been blocked THRD# the thread number PRI current scheduling priority The sc_usage command also displays some global state in the first few lines of output, including the number of preemptions, context switches, threads, faults and system calls, found during the sampling period. The current time and the elapsed time that the command has been running is also displayed here. The sc_usage command is also SIGWINCH savvy, so adjusting your window geometry may change the list of system calls being displayed. Typing a 'q' will cause sc_usage to exit immediately. Typing any other character will cause sc_usage to reset its counters and the display. SAMPLE USAGE
sc_usage Finder -e -s2 sc_usage will sort the Finder process usage data according to system call count and update the output at 2 second intervals. SEE ALSO
fs_usage(1), latency(1), top(1) Mac OS X October 28, 2002 Mac OS X