Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Cutting edge IT software - what's out there and what do you use Post 302405917 by frustrated1 on Saturday 20th of March 2010 04:20:27 PM
Old 03-20-2010
Cutting edge IT software - what's out there and what do you use

I am sys admin for many servers running unix (solaris, HP, Linux) and also some windows server and solaris x86

I want to know what leading software is out there whether it be freeware, shareware or commercial that can do things listed:
Performance monitoring (hardware/software, disk usage, memory usage etc over a time period etc)
- graphical display and reporting of the above
Process automation / scheduling / alarming in event of failure of a scheduled and automated job

What have you guys used and would recommend?

I want to do something new, something that will get the job done but also look impressive to match the effort. I am mainly interested in something that will cover the unix / Linux system but any advice appreciated

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with edge-list

I have an edge-list with nodes, edge.txt A B B J J H C A G H G A A C K G I have another file which tells me which of these nodes are important, input.txt G C A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
3 Replies

2. Web Development

Set Edge Compatibility Mode for IE

hi i have code in iplanet webserver in obj.conf file <If $uri !~'^/app/literature/item/(.*)'> AuthTrans fn="set-variable" insert-srvhdrs="X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE8" </If> i want to migrate it to apache webserver need your help to replace the above code for apache webserver. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two edge list

Hello, I have two network edgelists with first two columns as nodes and the last column pearson correlation coefficient (PCC). I want to remove the edges from net1 whose edges are common with net2 && (PCC)net2>=(PCC)net1 net1.txt A B 0.6 A C 0.7 B C 0.7 D C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)