Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: V210 to V440
Operating Systems Solaris V210 to V440 Post 302405654 by hergp on Friday 19th of March 2010 11:33:38 AM
Old 03-19-2010
Solaris Boot Flags:

-a ... ask for configuration files, kernel location, ...
-r ... do a reconfigure boot (scan for devices)
-s ... boot into single user mode
-w ... mount the root filesystem r/w right from the beginning

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Fire v210 display card

hi all, how can install a display card on a sun fire v210. regards. marcel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelious
2 Replies

2. Solaris

SF V210 CDROM drive auto eject!

Hi, When I insert a cd to CDROM drive in SF V210 Solaris 10 it took seconds then eject it auto! How can I solve this issue? Thanks Regards :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HishamN
8 Replies

3. Solaris

V210 to V440

I recently acquired a server for home use. Currently, I'm running a V210. I was wondering of a way to basically swap hard drives into the V440. I would like to avoid reinstall on the V440 for many reasons. Currently on the V440, when I try to boot up it forces itself into System Maintenance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adelsin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

V210 USB Dvd Rom

Is there anyway to get a USB DVD ROM to work on a V210/V240/V440 SPARC systems for initial installation? I'm drawing a blank and I can't seem to find any documentation on this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

5. Hardware

Bolts for V210 server rails?

Hi, We recently bought a V210 with rack mount rails but no bolts. Every bolt we try is an incorrect size. What is the correct size to attach the rails to the server, and where can we purchase them in the UK? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portinfo
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting error in Sun V210

Sun Fire V210, No Keyboard Copyright 1998-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.13.2, 4096 MB memory installed, Serial #61203679. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:a5:e4:df, Host ID: 83a5e4df. Boot device: net File and args: 100 Mbps FDX Link up Timeout waiting for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrudhul
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Connect using ALOM to Sun Fire V210

I have bought from eBay a second hand Sun Fire V210 server and I'm really stumped at the lack of complete instructions on how to connect to it. I don't have a Windows machine, I've only got Ubuntu and OS X computers. None of them have an old RS-232 port on them either. In saying that, I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: danijeljames
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to Forum & Sun Surefire V210 Access

Purchased a Sun Surefire V210 Server off eBay. Unable to Access the Terminal Mode via the Terminal MGT. Using Windows 7 home, and downloaded the ConEmu. The ConEmu brings up a Command line on the PC, and that's it. Being new to all this, I was expecting a Login prompt to pop up. Read the... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: screenprintr
22 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Fire V210 CPU Fan Temp too high?

Hey, I have a V210 with a failed CPU fan. The temperature is currently at 84C and I've been asked to wait a few weeks before replacing as its a production system and it cant be shut down yet. Is it too hot? Do I risk killing the CPU at this temp? Its been like this for a few weeks now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magarvo
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Any hope for this bootlooping Sun V210?

Hi, First post here! I have a Sun V210 that I use occasionally for build testing things big-endian. I switched it on the other day, at it aint comin' up. I was wondering if anyone on this fine forum knows if it can be brought back from the dead. With the SCC card in, and conencted to... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: vext01
22 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-fstab-generator					SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-fstab-generator - Unit generator for /etc/fstab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-fstab-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-fstab-generator is a generator that translates /etc/fstab (see fstab(5) for details) into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will instantiate mount and swap units as necessary. The passno field is treated like a simple boolean, and the ordering information is discarded. However, if the root file system is checked, it is checked before all the other file systems. See systemd.mount(5) and systemd.swap(5) for more information about special /etc/fstab mount options this generator understands. One special topic is handling of symbolic links. Historical init implementations supported symlinks in /etc/fstab. Because mount units will refuse mounts where the target is a symbolic link, this generator will resolve any symlinks as far as possible when processing /etc/fstab in order to enhance backwards compatibility. If a symlink target does not exist at the time that this generator runs, it is assumed that the symlink target is the final target of the mount. systemd-fstab-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fstab-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: fstab=, rd.fstab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any mounts or swap devices configured in /etc/fstab. rd.fstab= is honored only by the initial RAM disk (initrd) while fstab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. root= Takes the root filesystem to mount in the initrd. root= is honored by the initrd. rootfstype= Takes the root filesystem type that will be passed to the mount command. rootfstype= is honored by the initrd. rootflags= Takes the root filesystem mount options to use. rootflags= is honored by the initrd. mount.usr= Takes the /usr filesystem to be mounted by the initrd. If mount.usrfstype= or mount.usrflags= is set, then mount.usr= will default to the value set in root=. Otherwise, this parameter defaults to the /usr entry found in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usr= is honored by the initrd. mount.usrfstype= Takes the /usr filesystem type that will be passed to the mount command. If mount.usr= or mount.usrflags= is set, then mount.usrfstype= will default to the value set in rootfstype=. Otherwise, this value will be read from the /usr entry in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usrfstype= is honored by the initrd. mount.usrflags= Takes the /usr filesystem mount options to use. If mount.usr= or mount.usrfstype= is set, then mount.usrflags= will default to the value set in rootflags=. Otherwise, this value will be read from the /usr entry in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usrflags= is honored by the initrd. systemd.volatile= Controls whether the system shall boot up in volatile mode. Takes a boolean argument or the special value state. If false (the default), this generator makes no changes to the mount tree and the system is booted up in normal mode. If true the generator ensures systemd-volatile-root.service(8) is run as part of the initial RAM disk ("initrd"). This service changes the mount table before transitioning to the host system, so that a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs") is used as root directory, with only /usr mounted into it from the configured root file system, in read-only mode. This way the system operates in fully stateless mode, with all configuration and state reset at boot and lost at shutdown, as /etc and /var will be served from the (initially unpopulated) volatile memory file system. If set to state the generator will leave the root directory mount point unaltered, however will mount a "tmpfs" file system to /var. In this mode the normal system configuration (i.e. the contents of "/etc") is in effect (and may be modified during system runtime), however the system state (i.e. the contents of "/var") is reset at boot and lost at shutdown. Note that in none of these modes the root directory, /etc, /var or any other resources stored in the root file system are physically removed. It's thus safe to boot a system that is normally operated in non-volatile mode temporarily into volatile mode, without losing data. Note that enabling this setting will only work correctly on operating systems that can boot up with only /usr mounted, and are able to automatically populate /etc, and also /var in case of "systemd.volatile=yes". SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fstab(5), systemd.mount(5), systemd.swap(5), systemd-cryptsetup-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)