Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 'ifconfig' to skip loopback IPs Post 302405650 by glev2005 on Friday 19th of March 2010 11:15:44 AM
Old 03-19-2010
AK835, I realized that later on.. thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Loopback Interface...Vanished???

Recently I noticed that my internet connection would not work correctly-although connected domain names could not be resolved. My resolv.conf file was fine since it is configured every time I dial up. a closer inspection showed that my loopback interface had disappearerd! Any ideas why would this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Using loopback devices in RAID?

Hopefully I am posting this silly question in the right place... I was wondering about the possibility of using loopback files on a physical disk to create virtual disks that could shrink or grow as needed. Something like RAID 0, but instead of using block devices, just using files. If I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I Use Loopback Devices with LVM?

I've got a RedHat 9 box with LVM support in a 2.4.22 kernel. What I would like to do is take a set of empty files created with 'dd' and concatenate them into a volume group. I've done a good deal of googling, and it seems that this is something that can be done. But when I try to use 'pvcreate'... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. AIX

loopback in 4.1.4.0 AIX server

Hi: I´ve a problem in a 4.1.4.0 AIX server because is generating a loopback in its own ip address and this are consuming all the bandwidth. I did many things trying to solve the problem but it doesn´t help. 1. Flush Routing tables 2. Get Up/Down Network interface 3. Add/remove Network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terron79
0 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can a Loopback Filesystem be Partitioned?

I have a disk image file created for use with the Linux version of the QEMU emulator. It's partitioned. I opened it with fdisk and the partitions show up with some extra messages about physical/logical endings: Disk knoppix.img: 0 MB, 0 bytes 16 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders Units =... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding Loopback Interface

Hello, I have a SunOS (5.5.1) system that I need to migrate to a new IP address. I would like to have any requests destined for the old IP to be forwarded to this server. One suggestion I had was to add a route on my router that would point the old IP to the new IP. How do I add another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reiklen
2 Replies

7. Linux

Loopback interface doen't appear

Hi all, i have a problem with (Network in Linux) .. my issue with a HW appliance has openfiler 2.3 and is used for File Sharing using samba .. the problem is when i try to list all configured network interfaces using ifconfig -a .. i can't see the loopback interface, Although the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabdelmageid
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Loopback?

This is in the beginning of the program: clear tput cup 1 20 echo "Welcome to UNIX I Final Assignment" tput cup 4 3 echo -e "Who would you like to look up? \c" tput cup 6 5 echo "vans, Rolland" tput cup 8 5 echo "ones, Mildred" tput cup 10 5 echo "mith, Julie" tput cup 12 5 echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriveforana
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Loopback

clear echo "vans, Rolland" echo "Press in Your Keyboard to Quit" echo -e "Please Enter Your Choice : \c" read option case $option in I have created the corresponding information for each input on the display so... My question is... How do I display the corresponding information... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriveforana
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

NAT Loopback and iptables

Hello, please can you help and explain me. I have two servers. Both are RHEL6. I use the first one like router and the second one for apache. Router forwards 80 port on the second server and I can open that from the internet (mysite.com, for example). But I can not open mysite.com if i try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6765656755
0 Replies
XtGrabKey(3)							   XT FUNCTIONS 						      XtGrabKey(3)

NAME
XtGrabKey, XtUngrabKey, XtGrabKeyboard, XtUngrabKeyboard, XtGrabButton, XtUngrabButton, XtGrabPointer, XtUngrabPointer - manage grabs SYNTAX
void XtGrabKey(Widget widget, KeyCode keycode, Modifiers modifiers, Boolean owner_events, int pointer_mode, int keyboard_mode); void XtUngrabKey(Widget widget, KeyCode keycode, Modifiers modifiers); int XtGrabKeyboard(Widget widget, Boolean owner_events, int pointer_mode, int keyboard_mode, Time time); void XtUngrabKeyboard(Widget widget, Time time); void XtGrabButton(Widget widget, int button, Modifiers modifiers, Boolean owner_events, unsigned int event_mask, int pointer_mode, int key- board_mode, Window confine_to, Cursor cursor); void XtUngrabButton(Widget widget, KeyCode button, Modifiers modifiers); int XtGrabPointer(Widget widget, Boolean owner_events, unsigned int event_mask, int pointer_mode, int keyboard_mode, Window confine_to, Cursor cursor, Time time); void XtUngrabPointer(Widget widget, Time time); ARGUMENTS
widget Specifies the widget in whose window the grab will occur. Must be of class Core or a subclass thereof. keycode modifiers owner_events pointer_mode keyboard_mode time button confine_to cursor Specifies arguments to the associated Xlib function call. DESCRIPTION
XtGrabKey calls XGrabKey specifying the widget's window as the grab window if the widget is realized. The remaining arguments are exactly as for XGrabKey. If the widget is not realized, or is later unrealized, the call to XGrabKey will be performed (again) when the widget is realized and its window becomes mapped. In the future, if XtDispatchEvent is called with a KeyPress event matching the specified keycode and modifiers (which may be AnyKey or AnyModifier, respectively) for the widget's window, the Intrinsics will call XtUngrabKeyboard with the timestamp from the KeyPress event if either of the following conditions is true: o There is a modal cascade and the widget is not in the active subset of the cascade and the keyboard was not previously grabbed, or o XFilterEvent returns True. XtUngrabKey calls XUngrabKey specifying the widget's window as the ungrab window if the widget is realized. The remaining arguments are exactly as for XUngrabKey. If the widget is not realized, XtUngrabKey removes a deferred XtGrabKey request, if any, for the specified wid- get, keycode, and modifiers. If the specified widget is realized XtGrabKeyboard calls XGrabKeyboard specifying the widget's window as the grab window. The remaining arguments and return value are exactly as for XGrabKeyboard. If the widget is not realized, XtGrabKeyboard immediately returns Grab- NotViewable. No future ungrab is implied by XtGrabKeyboard. XtUngrabKeyboard calls XUngrabKeyboard with the specified time. XtGrabButton calls XGrabButton specifying the widget's window as the grab window if the widget is realized. The remaining arguments are exactly as for XGrabButton. If the widget is not realized, or is later unrealized, the call to XGrabButton will be performed (again) when the widget is realized and its window becomes mapped. In the future, if XtDispatchEvent is called with a ButtonPress event matching the specified button and modifiers (which may be AnyButton or AnyModifier, respectively) for the widget's window, the Intrinsics will call XtUngrabPointer with the timestamp from the ButtonPress event if either of the following conditions is true: o There is a modal cascade and the widget is not in the active subset of the cascade and the pointer was not previously grabbed, or o XFilterEvent returns True. XtUngrabButton calls XUngrabButton specifying the widget's window as the ungrab window if the widget is realized. The remaining arguments are exactly as for XUngrabButton. If the widget is not realized, XtUngrabButton removes a deferred XtGrabButton request, if any, for the specified widget, button, and modifiers. XtGrabPointer calls XGrabPointer specifying the widget's window as the grab window. The remaining arguments and return value are exactly as for XGrabPointer. If the widget is not realized, XtGrabPointer immediately returns GrabNotViewable. No future ungrab is implied by XtGrabPointer. XtUngrabPointer calls XUngrabPointer with the specified time. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtGrabKey(3)