Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using awk removing newline and specific position Post 302405480 by ungalnanban on Friday 19th of March 2010 01:36:04 AM
Old 03-19-2010
MySQL

See the following command.
Code:
cat Input_data | tr "\n" " " | sed 's/[>]FASTA Header[0-9]*/\n&\n/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed removing carriage return and newline

Hi, I'm not very familiar with unix shell. I want to replace the combination of two carriage returns and one newline with one carriage return and one newline. I think the best way to do this is to use sed. I tried something like this: sed -e "s#\#\#g" file.txt but it doesn't work. Thanx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mored
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace specific character and specific position

I am trying to use sed to replace specific characters at a specific position in the file with a different value... can this be done? Example: File: A0199999123 A0199999124 A0199999125 Need to replace 99999 in positions 3-7 with 88888. Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmer22
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK or SED to add string at specific position

Greetings. I don't have experience programing scripts. I need to insert a string in a specific position of another string on another file (last.cfg), for example: File last.cfg before using script: login_interval=1800 lcs.machinename=client04 File last.cfg after using script:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesuke
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from n position to n position sed/awk

I want to remove text from nth position to nth position couple of times in same line my line is "hello is there anyone can help me with this question" I need like this ello is there anyone can help me with question 'h' is removed and 'this' removed from the line. I want to do this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute a string on a specific position for specific lines

I woud like to substitue a string on a specific position for specific lines I've got a file and I would like to change a specific string from "TOCHANGE" to "ABCABCAB" For every line (except 1,2, 3 and the last one) , I need to check between the 9th and the 16th digits. For the 3rd line, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSF
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk removing specific line

Hi, I have file with lines key=val. For ex(conf.file):- c=3 ef=78 b=40 ca=40 I want to remove the line with c=3, when I execute the below command it's removing both lines i.e c=3 and ca=40. Could you please correct my command. /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v key=c 'match($0,key)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing 0 from a specific position - if it exists

I have a file that I need to parse using a script. The dates in the file are displayed in the format: Mar 2, 2011 9:09:31 PM I have tried using the date command %e and %l but it pads an extra space for the day and hour if they are single digits. So this I used a normal date command: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazyideas
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing ^M and the newline that follows it.

Hi Gurus, Apologies as I feel like this must be answered already on here somewhere but I just can't find it. I find many people looking to remove all \n and \r (CR and LF) or one or the other but the only times I've found someone trying to remove them only when both are together they've found... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command to replace specific position characters.

Hi, I have a fixed width file. The way this file works is say for example there are 30 columns in it each with different sizes say 10,5,2, etc... If data in a field is less than the field size the rest of it is loaded with spaces. I would like an awk command to that would replace I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
8 Replies

10. Linux

Removing a character at specific position in a column

Hi, I have a file like this (about 8 columns in total, this being the 2nd column) gi_49482297_ref_YP_039521.1_ gi_49482297_ref_YP_039521.1_ gi_49482315_ref_YP_039539.1_ gi_49482315_ref_YP_039539.1_I want to remove the _ at the end of the line. And at later stages I would want to replace the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
5 Replies
HHCONSENSUS(1)							   User Commands						    HHCONSENSUS(1)

NAME
hhconsensus - calculate the consensus sequence for an A3M/FASTA input file SYNOPSIS
hhconsensus -i <file> [options] DESCRIPTION
HHconsensus version 2.0.15 (June 2012) Calculate the consensus sequence for an A3M/FASTA input file. (C) Johannes Soeding, Michael Rem- mert, Andreas Biegert, Andreas Hauser Remmert M, Biegert A, Hauser A, and Soding J. HHblits: Lightning-fast iterative protein sequence searching by HMM-HMM alignment. Nat. Methods 9:173-175 (2011). -i <file> query alignment (A2M, A3M, or FASTA), or query HMM Output options: -s <file> append consensus sequence in FASTA (default=<infile.seq>) -o <file> write alignment with consensus sequence in A3M -oa3m <file> same -oa2m <file> write alignment with consensus sequence in A2M -ofas <file> write alignment with consensus sequence in FASTA -v <int> verbose mode: 0:no screen output 1:only warings 2: verbose Filter input alignment (options can be combined): -id [0,100] maximum pairwise sequence identity (%) (def=100) -diff [0,inf[ filter most diverse set of sequences, keeping at least this many sequences in each block of >50 columns (def=0) -cov [0,100] minimum coverage with query (%) (def=0) -qid [0,100] minimum sequence identity with query (%) (def=0) -qsc [0,100] minimum score per column with query (def=-20.0) Input alignment format: -M a2m use A2M/A3M (default): upper case = Match; lower case = Insert; '-' = Delete; '.' = gaps aligned to inserts (may be omitted) -M first use FASTA: columns with residue in 1st sequence are match states -M [0,100] use FASTA: columns with fewer than X% gaps are match states Other options: -addss add predicted secondary structure information from PSIPRED Example: hhconsensus -i stdin -s stdout hhconsensus 2.0.15 June 2012 HHCONSENSUS(1)