Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to make some condition when program/tool unsuccesfully ends with error.. Post 302405347 by Franklin52 on Thursday 18th of March 2010 03:12:24 PM
Old 03-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasito
what does [ $? -eq 0 ] means
Have a read of this: Exit and Exit Status

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any non graphical tool that make selective merge between text files?

whitout using awk / sad and so on? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

2. AIX

big brother monitoring tool - make failed

Hi, Does anyone has installed bb on a unix system ? I am trying to install bb on aix 5.3 but I have the following message: If someone can help me probably there is a tool that I need to install ? I don't have C compiler I install gcc instead and gcc++ etc ... bb:/home/bb/bb1.9g-btf/src/ $ make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

3. Programming

Tool for make file

Hi, so far i am writting make file explicitly, is there is any tool is there to write make file automatically....if so please tell me about that... Thanks in advance Sarwan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
4 Replies

4. Linux

How to make a tool as 30-days evalution copy

Hi All, I am very curious to know that how to make a product/tool as evalution copy(trail version for 30days). I want to know this implemention process in linux(the tool is in Linux). If anybody have any scripts/articles/ideas please pass them to me. Please help me. Thanks in Advace,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make program only run by root

Hi all, i hope i got this in the right place, what i am trying to do is make a program only run by root, ie for instance user fred is logged in and uses firefox, what id like to do is change that so that when fred wants to use firefox he will be asked to enter root password before he is allowed to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afroze
1 Replies

7. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: afroze
5 Replies

8. Programming

Help with a C program that acts like the make utility

Hi, I'm trying to create a C program that functions like the make utility in UNIX for personal use. My program would read in from a generic makefile and execute whatever is in that makefile but I'm not sure as to where I should start coding. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kratos.
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make expect exit the UNIX script in erreneous condition

Hi, I am writing a menu driven program using shell script. THe script will be collecting data by logging into the other servers and bringing back the data to home server to process it and accordingly issue commands. TO automate commands execution , I am using expect script. However I am not able... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
5 Replies
scsnapshot(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    scsnapshot(1M)

NAME
scsnapshot - retrieve configuration data about resource groups, resource types, and resources, and generate a shell script SYNOPSIS
scsnapshot [-s scriptfile] [-o imagefile] scsnapshot [-s scriptfile] oldimage newimage DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The scsnapshot tool retrieves information from the Cluster Configuration Repository (CCR) about configuration data that is related to resource groups, resource types, and resources. The scsnapshot tool formats the configuration data as a shell script that can be used for the following purposes: o To replicate configuration data on a cluster that has no configured resource groups, resource types, and resources o To upgrade configuration data on a cluster that has configured resource groups, resource types, and resources The scsnapshot tool retrieves configuration data only from the CCR. Other configuration data is ignored. The scsnapshot tool does not take into account the dynamic state of different resource groups, resource types, and resources. You can use this command only in the global zone. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by the scsnapshot tool. If you use an incorrect command option, the correct way to use the command option is displayed. -s scriptfile Stores the generated script in a file called scriptfile. You can use this option only in the global zone. If this option is not specified, the generated script is written to the standard output. If a file called scriptfile already exists, it is renamed as scriptfile.old, and a new file called scriptfile is created. If a file called scriptfile.old already exists, it is overwritten. -o imagefile Stores the generated image file in a file called imagefile. You can use this option only in the global zone. If this option is not specified, an image file is not generated. If a file called imagefile already exists, it is renamed as imagefile.old, and a new file called imagefile is created. If a file called imagefile.old already exists, it is overwritten. oldimage Specifies an image file that contains the old configuration data. newimage Specifies an image file that contains the new configuration data. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
The output of the scsnapshot tool is an executable Bourne shell-based script. Before you run the script, you might need to manually change some properties to reflect the features of your host. The script compares the following characteristics of the local cluster to the cluster where the script was generated: o Machine architecture o Version of the Solaris Operating System o Version of the Sun Cluster software If the characteristics are not the same, the script writes an error and ends. A message asks whether you want to rerun the script by using the -f option. The -f option forces the script to run, despite any difference in characteristics. The script generated by the scsnapshot tool verifies that the Sun Cluster resource type exists on the local cluster. If the resource type does not exist on the local cluster, the script writes an error and ends. A message asks whether you want to install the missing resource type before you run the script again. To run a script that is generated by the scsnapshot tool, you need solaris.cluster.resource.modify RBAC authorization. For more informa- tion, see the rbac(5) man page. USAGE
This section describes how you can use the scsnapshot tool. Retrieving Configuration Data for Resource Groups, Resource Types, and Resources scsnapshot [-s scriptfile] [-o imagefile] Used without the -o option, the scsnapshot tool generates a script that creates configuration data for clusters that do not already have configured resource groups, resource types, and resources. See Example 1. Used with the -o option, the scsnapshot tool produces an image file that represents the configuration data. The image file can be used in further invocations of the scsnapshot tool to upgrade configuration data on a cluster. See Example 2. To use the scsnapshot tool to retrieve configuration data, you need solaris.cluster.resource.read role-based access control (RBAC) autho- rization. For more information, see the rbac(5) man page. To track differences between versions of configuration data, store the image files in a source control system such as SCCS. Upgrading Configuration Data for Resource Groups, Resource Types, and Resources scsnapshot [-s scriptfile] oldimage newimage The scsnapshot tool generates a shell script that can be used to upgrade the configuration data that is contained in the oldimage file with the configuration data that is contained in the newimage file. To use the scsnapshot tool to upgrade configuration data, you do not need specific RBAC authorization. EXAMPLES
Example 1 To Generate a Shell Script That Retrieves Configuration Data for Resources Groups, Resource Types, and Resources The script that is generated in this example is called scriptfile.sh. example% scsnapshot -s scriptfile.sh Example 2 To Generate a Shell Script That Retrieves Configuration Data and Stores an Image File The script that is generated in this example is called scriptfile.sh. The configuration data is stored in an image file called imagefile. example% scsnapshot -s scriptfile.sh -o imagefile Example 3 To Generate a Shell Script That Upgrades Configuration Data on One Cluster With Configuration Data From Another Cluster This example creates a script that upgrades the configuration data on cluster1 to match the configuration data on cluster2. The configura- tion data for cluster1 is in a file called imagefile1, and the configuration data for cluster2 is in a file called imagefile2. The name of a shell script is not specified, so the generated script is written to the standard output. example% scsnapshot imagefile1 imagefile2 EXIT STATUS
The following exit status codes are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. nonzero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), attributes(5), clconfiguration(5CL), rbac(5), rg_properties(5), rt_properties(5), r_properties(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 22 Jun 2006 scsnapshot(1M)