Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users A file system visible for solaris and windows? Post 302405315 by glev2005 on Thursday 18th of March 2010 12:55:36 PM
Old 03-18-2010
I may be off here, but what about NTFS3G ? Does that not work for Solaris?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Please help me, about the file sharing with windows system

Did anybody can teach me how to set the premission in the samba server? How to i set the premission in one folder but two access right. With one folder but the user access rights is diffirent. One user can full access the folder, and another one user only read only. thx for helping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudlor
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to Install Solaris 10 on top of Windows system

Hi Guru's, Since Iam learning Solaris 10 and want to instal it on to my computer in which 'Windows' is already installed. Also many other applications including Oracle, Java etc,. were also installed associated with Windows. Now how can I install Solaris 10 on my system with out affecting my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Linux

UNMOUNT a windows file system

Hi, I try to unmount : smbumount /mnt/directory But I receive : Could not umount /mnt/directory: Device or resource busy Any idea ? Many thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Junk characters in file not in Solaris, but visible in linux

Hello All, I have a DOS file which I run a DOS 2 UNIX utility on. When run from Solaris, I can view the file perfectly. But, when run from linux, I see a bunch of junk(^@) at the beginning of every line in the file. Does anyone know the cause of this? COMMAND TO CONVERT: tr -d '\015\032'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vada010
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Viewing Solaris File System From Windows Client Using Lanman

Hi I currently have a Windows mapped network drive on a PC which is connected to the network. Also on the network is a Solaris box running Solaris 8 which I can view (root file system) from the Windows PC. The mapped network syntax is sharename\\server name. When I select this mapped drive on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Windows network share visible to Solaris 9 host and vice versa

Hi, I have a Windows server running WinSVR 2008R2 with a network share configured \\hostname\JSS_Share I would like to be able to mount this share on a Solaris host running Solaris 9. I would also like to mount a directory on the Solaris host and make it visible to the Windows server. The idea... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamba1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asking user for input file location using a .sh file in windows system

Hi all, I am creating a .sh file in windows environment using notepad. i need a code which i can write in this .sh file so that it asks me for an input file stored anywhere in my C drive of my windows computer. Please help me out with this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bansalpankaj88
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ext2 file system from windows

Hi all, I have some problem with the ext2 file system format. In particolar, I have a unix based system full backup, which is a .iso file. In order to create a bootable usb, i have to format the USB with ext2 FS, and then I have to mount that image on it. The problem is that, I need to it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Piros
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)