Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian "Your system had a kernel failure" Post 302405269 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 18th of March 2010 09:50:37 AM
Old 03-18-2010
There is no hard and fast answer.

Obviously something changed in the kernel if it was updated. If does not reoccur, I would not worry about it. Have you added hardware or installed new drivers in the kernel? If so, those may be your problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

2. Linux

Supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" me

supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" message comes. I tried giving acpi=off to the kernel command line but same problem.It shows everything ok and no problem with memory and processors and power supplies.Wt could be the reason? It has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

"authentication failure" then "session opened". Why?

Ssh connections using shared public keys issue “authentication failure” messages, then succeed with “session opened”. I have found a few other threads with similar issue, but no solutions offered. :wall: How can I eliminate the failure messages? Environment: $ uname -a Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KennyCason
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl failure with "main::$fn" used only once:" in error logs

Hi all, Can anyone guess why this is happening? I am new to Perl, so please help me to fix this error: - I have a static html file which calls the cgi-perl script. HTML Code: <html> <head> <title> Hey Dude! </title> </head> <body> <form method="POST"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "date" and "system" command

Hello experts! I need your help please I have a file.txt of which I want to extract 3rd and 4th columns with date with the form e.g.: 2016-11-25 03:14:50and pass them to "date" command, but also append the 9th column in a file as well. So I want to execute date -d '2016-11-25 03:14:50' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
SUBDOMAIN.CONF(5)						     AppArmor							 SUBDOMAIN.CONF(5)

NAME
/etc/apparmor/subdomain.conf - configuration file for fine-tuning the behavior of the AppArmor security tool. DESCRIPTION
The AppArmor security tool can be configured to have certain default behaviors based on configuration options set in subdomain.conf. There are two variables that can be set in subdomain.conf: SUBDOMAIN_PATH, and SUBDOMAIN_MODULE_PANIC. SUBDOMAIN_PATH This variable accepts a string (path), and is by default set to '/etc/apparmor.d/' This variable defines where the AppArmor security tool looks for its policy definitions (a.k.a. AppArmor profiles). SUBDOMAIN_MODULE_PANIC This variable accepts a string that is one of four values: warn, build, panic, or build-panic, and is set by default to warn. This setting controls the behavior of the AppArmor initscript if it cannot successfully load the AppArmor kernel module on startup. The four possible settings are: warn Log a failure message (the default behavior). build Attempt to build the AppArmor module against the currently running kernel. If the compilation is successful, the module will be loaded and AppArmor started; if the compilation fails, a failure message is logged. panic Log a failure message and drop to runlevel 1 (single user). build-panic Attempt to build the module against the running kernel (like build) and if the compilation fails, drop to runlevel 1 (single user). BUGS
Setting the initscript to recompile the module will fail on SUSE, as the module source is no longer installed by default. However, the module has been included with the SUSE kernel, so no rebuilding should be necessary. If you find any additional bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor_parser(8), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 SUBDOMAIN.CONF(5)