Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date IN UNIX Post 302405238 by murugaperumal on Thursday 18th of March 2010 07:52:09 AM
Old 03-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis.jacob
This will just delete all files before 28 days..ie, it will delete all files before 1st of March...not jsut the files of March1st, as per the example mentioned.

Hope its clear for you.

The correct one should be

Code:
find . -mtime 28 -exec rm {} \;

Also, just go with
Code:
find . -mtime 28 -exec ls -l \;

before executing rm , just to make sure that the files listed are what you need to delete.
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IS THE ACTUAL REQUIREMENT.
READ THE FOLLOWING LINE OF THE POSTER's POST.
Ex : - If today is 28th Mar 2010 then I have to delete the files which arrived on 1st Mar 2010,

FOR THE ABOVE QUESTION ONLY I REPLIED.

I KNOW HOW TO GET THE PREVIOUS 28TH DAY.
DONT YOU KNOW THAT THE COMMAND WHICH I GAVE WILL GIVE THE 28TH DAY AGO? SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format

Hello Experts, How do i get date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do you compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date One Week Ago From Given Date, Not From Current Date

Hi all, I've used various scripts in the past to work out the date last week from the current date, however I now have a need to work out the date 1 week from a given date. So for example, if I have a date of the 23rd July 2010, I would like a script that can work out that one week back was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get 60 days Old date from current date in KSH script

Hi i am writing a cron job. so for it i need the 60 days old date form current date in variable. Like today date is 27 jan 2011 then output value will be stote in variable in formet Nov 27. i am using EST date, and tried lot of solution and see lot of post but it did not helpful for me. so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days between the current date and user defined date

I am trying to find out the number of days between the current date and user defined date. I took reference from here for the date2jd() function. Modified the function according to my requirement. But its not working properly. Original code from here is working fine. #!/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a date, 30 days from the current date?

Well guys, I know the right syntax for displaying the current date is $(date). However, I am planning to send emails to some customers which displays their subscription date, and then the expiry. The expiry being 30 days from the current date. What would the right syntax be? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxx
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seven days past date from current date

hi all.. i want 2 know how 2 find 7days past date from current date.. when i used set datetime = `date '+%m%d%y'` i got 060613.. i just want to know hw to get 053013.. i tried using date functions but couldnt get it :( i use c shell and there is no chance that i can change that ..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Subscribers with Date 90 days older than current date

I have to display only those subscribers which are in "unconnected state" and the date is 90 days older than today's date. Below command is used for this purpose: cat vfsubscriber_20170817.csv | sed -e 's/^"//' -e '1d' | nawk -F '",' '{if ( (substr($11,2,4) == 2017) && ( substr($11,2,8) -lt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get a given date and subtract it to 5 days ago

Hi all, I have been researching to obtain SSL certification expiry for most of our webistes. For some cases, some hosts where not directly accessible so i finally got a solution working with curl using my proxy. This lists the expiry date which i'm finally looking for. # curl --proxy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
MKNMZ(1)							  Namazu Project							  MKNMZ(1)

NAME
mknmz - an indexer of Namazu SYNOPSIS
mknmz [options] <target>... DESCRIPTION
mknmz 2.0.21, an indexer of Namazu. Target files: -a, --all target all files. -t, --media-type=MTYPE set the media type for all target files to MTYPE. -h, --mailnews same as --media-type='message/rfc822' --mhonarc same as --media-type='text/html; x-type=mhonarc' -F, --target-list=FILE load FILE which contains a list of target files. --allow=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be allowed. --deny=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be denied. --exclude=PATTERN set PATTERN for pathnames which should be excluded. -e, --robots exclude HTML files containing <meta name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX"> -M, --meta handle HTML meta tags for field-specified search. -r, --replace=CODE set CODE for replacing URI. --html-split split an HTML file with <a name="..."> anchors. --mtime=NUM limit by mtime just like find(1)'s -mtime option. e.g., -50 for recent 50 days, +50 for older than 50. Morphological Analysis: -b, --use-mecab use MeCab for analyzing Japanese. -c, --use-chasen use ChaSen for analyzing Japanese. -k, --use-kakasi use KAKASI for analyzing Japanese. -m, --use-chasen-noun use ChaSen for extracting only nouns. -L, --indexing-lang=LANG index with language specific processing. Text Operations: -E, --no-edge-symbol remove symbols on edge of word. -G, --no-okurigana remove Okurigana in word. -H, --no-hiragana ignore words consist of Hiragana only. -K, --no-symbol remove symbols. --decode-base64 decode base64 bodies within multipart entities. Summarization: -U, --no-encode-uri do not encode URI. -x, --no-heading-summary do not make summary with HTML's headings. Index Construction: --update=INDEX set INDEX for updating. -z, --check-filesize detect file size changed. -Y, --no-delete do not detect removed documents. -Z, --no-update do not detect update and deleted documents. Miscellaneous: -s, --checkpoint turn on the checkpoint mechanism. -C, --show-config show the current configuration. -f, --config=FILE use FILE as a config file. -I, --include=FILE include your customization FILE. -O, --output-dir=DIR set DIR to output the index. -T, --template-dir=DIR set DIR having NMZ.{head,foot,body}.*. -q, --quiet suppress status messages during execution. -v, --version show the version of namazu and exit. -V, --verbose be verbose. -d, --debug be debug mode. --help show this help and exit. --norc do not read the personal initialization files. -- Terminate option list. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://www.namazu.org/trac-namazu/trac.cgi> or <bug-namazu@namazu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-1999 Satoru Takabayashi All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Namazu Project All rights reserved. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. mknmz of Namazu 2.0.21 July 2011 MKNMZ(1)