Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic command line generation with awk Post 302405231 by Franklin52 on Thursday 18th of March 2010 07:42:22 AM
Old 03-18-2010
Another one. Check the output first without the coloured part:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

file="/home/bags/Scrivania/0280.u3_capitolo15.pdf"

pdfinfo -box "'""$file""'" |	
awk -v f="$file" '
/MediaBox:/{a=$2; b=$3; c=$4; d=$5}
/TrimBox:/{printf("pdfcrop --margins  %.2f %.2f %.2f %.2f \047%s\047 \047%s\047\n", a-$2, b-$3, c-$4, d-$5, f, f)}
' | sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- report generation from input file

I have input file with below content: Person: Name: Firstname1 lastname1 Address: 111, Straat City : Hilversum Person: Name : Fistname2 lastname2 Address: 222, street Cit: Bussum Person: Name : Firstname2 lastname3 Address: 333, station straat City: Amsterdam I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random word generation with AWK

Hi - I have a word GTTCAGAGTTCTACAGTCCGACGAT I need to extract all the possible "chunks" of 7 or above letter "words" from this. SO, my out put should be GTTCAGA TTCAGAG TCAGAGT CAGAGTTCT TCCGACGAT CAGTCCGACG etc. How can I do that with awk or any other language? I have no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify line with dynamic variable in awk

Hi, I'm guessing this is probably relatively straight forward to do in awk, but I just can't get my head round it! I have a log file of the following format: 3:03:35 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 10/14/2011 3:20:41 (MLM) IN: "MATLAB" user1@host1.private.dns.zone 3:21:05 (MLM) IN: "MATLAB"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk field to a command line executed within awk

Hi, I am trying to pass awk field to a command line executed within awk (need to convert a timestamp into formatted date). All my attempts failed this far. Here's an example. It works fine with timestamp hard-codded into the command echo "1381653229 something" |awk 'BEGIN{cmd="date -d... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic file generation using shell

I have to generate the file dynamically from the source file based on the below control file. control_file.txt 1,3,5,-1,8,-1,4 The control file contain the position of column which i required from the source file, Example 1 column ,3 column ,5 column ,blank column(-1 indicates blank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concatenation issue - SQL generation

Greetings Experts, I have an excel file and I am unable to read it directly into awk (contains , " etc); So, I cleansed and copied the data into notepad. I need to generate a script that generates the SQL. Requirement: 1. Filter and select only the data that has the "mapping" as "direct"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk and grep for sql generation

Hi, I have a file pk.txt which has table related data in following format TableName | PK Employee | id Contact|name,phone,country I have another file desc.txt which lists datatype of each field like this: Table|Field|Type Employee|id|int Contact|name|string Contact|country|string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tar command generation with Find

Hello, I'm trying to generate a TAR command and fill it with the result of a Find command. What I did is not elegant and I'm sure that it can be in a different way to be faster. I need to Find all files with an extension to ".sf". If a file is found, I need to replace the extension ".sf" to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: royinfo.alain
11 Replies
EXTRACTBB(1)							     DVIPDFMx							      EXTRACTBB(1)

NAME
extractbb, ebb - extract bounding box information from graphics files SYNOPSIS
extractbb [-v|-q] [-O] [-m|-x] file... DESCRIPTION
For each JPEG, PNG, or PDF file given on the command line, extractbb extracts the bounding box information and writes it into a file with extension .xbb, together with some header information. These files can then be used by dvipdfmx or other programs. For PDF files, the num- ber of pages and the PDF version number are reported as well. The input filename extension may be in upper or lower case. If called as ebb, the output is written in the ``bb'' format (and with extension .bb) as used by dvipdfm. Xbb may be defined as a synomym for extractbb on your system. OPTIONS
-v Be verbose. -q Be quiet. -O Write output to standard output. -m Write output in dvipdfm's ``bb'' format. -x Write output in dvipdfmx's ``xbb'' format (default), which is the same as that used by pdfTeX. OUTPUT FORMATS
Here are more details about the bb and xbb formats: The original ebb (from dvipdfm) ignored density information in bitmap images, and generated bounding boxes with 100px = 72bp = 1in. Unfor- tunately, screenshots (especially) tend to look bad with this approach. So, extractbb (from dvipdfmx) uses density information if present. Otherwise, it generates bounding box with 100px = 100bp. This is what pdfTeX does. BUGS
There is currently no way to specify which bounding box is taken for PDF files. It will always be the first one from the following list: ArtBox, TrimBox, BleedBox, MediaBox. (Often only MediaBox is defined.) Moreover, the reported bounding box always refers to the first page in a PDF file. AUTHOR
extractbb was written by the DVIPDFMx project team <dvipdfmx@ktug.or.kr>, based on the program ebb by Mark A. Wicks. This manual page was also written by the DVIPDFMx project team, based on a manual page Frank Kuster <frank@kuesterei.ch> wrote for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It may be used, modified, and/or redistributed by others without contacting the authors. 20120420 20 April 2012 EXTRACTBB(1)