Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Free BSD Release 8.0 not recognizing CD/DVD and usb install media Post 302405159 by itocchi on Thursday 18th of March 2010 05:01:43 AM
Old 03-18-2010
Hello

I had same problem last night but it worked with the setting below.
Check your IDE settings on virtualbox console.
cd : primary master
hdd that you want to install : primary slave
(FreeBSD installer cant seek secondary IDE device?)

I hope it makes sense to you.
thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

System free bsd install wrong....

My freeBsd were setup security wrong how do I reinstall it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dansu92833
1 Replies

2. AIX

Check for media in DVD drive

I would like to check for the existance of media in a DVD drive prior to running a mkcd. Is this possible? I have accomplished this in the past with tctl, but that was with a tape drive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmjoen
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Free BSD with dual boot with XP?

:confused: hello I have XP installed computer. I am completely newbie in Unix. Despite yesterday I tried to install Free BSD 5. But I coluldn't do. So now computer is not bootable i have done wrong thing. Can you help me installing it without making Xp out of computer? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

4. BSD

Open (and Free) BSD with Jmicron 20339 USB <-> SATA II chipset

Hello! Some time ago I did something stupid, I bought 4 harddisk cases (sata -> USB) without checking enough if it is supported by my choise of OS. I was thinking of using FreeBSD on my new NAS (a sunblade 100), but after discovering that is didn't work, I started to search for information. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

5. AIX

dvd media in drive

Hello, It's some tool in AIX to check what kind of media (DVD+RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM) is inserted in drive? In linux there is very nice tool called dvd+rw-mediainfo. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to install fedora 13 from a usb media....it should not like 'live'?

im using Dell Inspiron with windows 7 as operating system.....in my hard drive there is some 34 gb unpartitioned space and now i want to install fedora 13 into it, after installation it should be dual boot. problem here is... i have the fedora 13 image file ie fedora13-i386-DVD.iso file. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik437
13 Replies

7. BSD

USB mount of Free BSD

Hello all When I insert my USB , its says : umass0 detected . I want to ls files present in the USB. I tried mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Whats is dev/da0s1 ????? How can I mount it to use it ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Problems burning DVD-RW media

Hello, I have Solaris 10 U13 and I try to burn an ISO image. First try: # cdrw -i myfile.iso Looking for CD devices... Device not ready. Second try: # cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -multi -pad -data myfile.iso cdrecord: No write mode specified. cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
3 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)