Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Seach for part of string and replace whole word Post 302405126 by stinnes on Thursday 18th of March 2010 03:49:36 AM
Old 03-18-2010
Thank you ever so much... that works!!! I've been reading though all sort of materials but somehow ... (no comment).

Anyway - thanks again!!!
cheers
stinnes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a part of string

Hi, I have files that are named front1.txt to front999.txt. They are all in the same directory. To change "front" to "back", I am doing something like this. for file in *.txt; do new=`echo $file | sed 's/^**/back/g'` mv $file $new done My problem is what if files are named... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a part of the word in Shell

I have a csv file in which there are numbers like 078976/9XXX 098754/8XXX I want to replace the XXX with null. I want to know the command/code to do this. I know how to replace the whole word/number. But don't know how to replace a part of it. Thanks in advance, Mihir (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding replace a part of a string

hi all. i have a file name like abcd_vbnh.a_p i have to copy it as abcd_vbnh.a every time... in unix not in perl please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK seach for exact word in certain column

Can anyone help me how I will extract all lines in a file where the word "worker" or "co-worker" in 2nd column exist. There are also word in 2nd column like "workers" or "worker2" but I don't want to display those lines. Appreciate any help in advance! Thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seach and Replace

Our email address is changing and I need to update 4000 htm pages. I was told I command was something like this Eg) find docs/700_799/ -name "*.htm" -type f | xargs perl -pi -e 's/\/company-information\/legal-and-regulatory/\/legal-and-regulatory/g' Is there away of not changing the date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a part of the string

Hi I need to Replace a part of string in between one complete string. For e.g.. in the file the value is as: jobnm_$code_xyz_001 In script we are having a variable code=$3, where $3=ab final output should be jobnm_ab_xyz_001. But it is not working. Your help will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - replace only on part of the string

Hello there, I need some help. I have a file containing this : $ cat file PARM1=(VAL11),PARM2=(VAL21,VAL22,VAL23),PARM3=(VAL31),PARM4=(VAL41,VAL42) and I need to replace all the ',' by '|' but only those which are between brackets. Output would be :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sephiburp
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace part of string?

Hi Gurus, I need to replace part of string in file, the string format is below: I can use ABCD to find string, then replace values after "=" sign ABCD_XXX=value ABCD_YYY=value after replace ABCD_XXX=new_value ABCD_YYY=new_value my OS is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
9 Replies
MGF2RAD(1)						      General Commands Manual							MGF2RAD(1)

NAME
mgf2rad - convert Materials and Geometry Format file to RADIANCE description SYNOPSIS
mgf2rad [ -m matfile ][ -e mult ][ -g dist ] [ input .. ] DESCRIPTION
Mgf2rad converts one or more Materials and Geometry Format (MGF) files to a RADIANCE scene description. By definition, all output dimen- sions are in meters. The material names and properties for the surfaces will be those assigned in MGF. Any materials not defined in MGF will result in an error during translation. Light sources are described inline as IES luminaire files, and mgf2rad calls the program ies2rad(1) to translate these files. If an IES file in turn contains an MGF description of the local fixture geometry, this may result in a recursive call to mgf2rad, which is normal and should be transparent. The only side-effect of this additional translation is the appear- ance of other RADIANCE scene and data files produced automatically by ies2rad. The -m option may be used to put all the translated materials into a separate RADIANCE file. This is not always advisable, as any given material name may be reused at different points in the MGF description, and writing them to a separate file loses the contextual associa- tion between materials and surfaces. As long as unique material names are used throughout the MGF description and material properties are not redefined, there will be no problem. Note that this is the only way to get all the translated materials into a single file, since no output is produced for unreferenced materials; i.e. translating just the MGF materials does not work. The -e option may be used to multiply all the emission values by the given mult factor. The -g option may be used to establish a glow dis- tance (in meters) for all emitting surfaces. These two options are employed principally by ies2rad, and are not generally useful to most users. EXAMPLE
To translate two MGF files into one RADIANCE materials file and one geometry file: mgf2rad -m materials.rad building1.mgf building2.mgf > building1+2.rad To create an octree directly from two MGF files and one RADIANCE file: oconv '!mgf2rad materials.mgf scene.mgf' source.rad > scene.oct FILES
tmesh.cal Used to smooth polygonal geometry *.rad RADIANCE source descriptions created by ies2rad *.dat RADIANCE source data created by ies2rad source.cal Used for IES source coordinates AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
ies2rad(1), mgf2meta(1), obj2rad(1), oconv(1), rad2mgf(1), xform(1) MGF web site "http://radsite.lbl.gov/mgf/HOME.html" RADIANCE
4/12/95 MGF2RAD(1)