Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing files using a loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing files using a loop Post 302405057 by malcomex999 on Thursday 18th of March 2010 01:19:34 AM
Old 03-18-2010
No, you don't need that semi colon after fi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

comparing shadow files with real files

Hi I need to compare shadow file sizes with their real file counterparts. If the shadow file size differs form the realfile size then it must send a mail. My problem is that our system has over 1600 shadowfiles in different directories, with different names. the only consistancy is the .sh file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrym
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files...

I searched through the forums, and there are a couple threads that have a similar problem to mine, but they don't seem to exactly address my problem. I'm running an HP-UX box, trying to create a little script that will compare the /etc/passwd file with another file I have created. Each line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:Comparing two Strings using If Loop

Hi All, Please help me out in this... I am new to scripting How to compare two strings by using the same string in single loop, I am using ksh for ex:see the code snippet below I am writing in java, Can u guys tell me that in scripting if ("string1"=="string2" ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing 2 files using nested for loop

hi, Am trying to compare to files using the 'for' loop have tried this but keeps going on and on.. #!/bin/bash for i in $(cat $c.sh); do for j in $(cat $d.sh); do if test "$i" != "$j" then echo $i not in $j fi done done have tried this as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop comparing files!

I am trying to compare 2 files using for loop : file1 : ===== host1 host2 host3 file2: ==== host1 host2 host3 host4 host5 The common occurrence in file1 and file2 is to be written to file3. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the matches in two files using awk when both files have their own field separators

I've two files with data like below: file1.txt: AAA,Apples,123 BBB,Bananas,124 CCC,Carrot,125 file2.txt: Store1|AAA|123|11 Store2|BBB|124|23 Store3|CCC|125|57 Store4|DDD|126|38 So,the field separator in file1.txt is a comma and in file2.txt,it is | Now,the output should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find duplicates contents in a files by comparing other files?

Hi Guys , we have one directory ...in that directory all files will be set on each day.. files must have header ,contents ,footer.. i wants to compare the header,contents,footer ..if its same means display an error message as 'files contents same' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files in a directory against an array of files

I hope I can explain this correctly. I am using Bash-4.2 for my shell. I have a group of file names held in an array. I want to compare the names in this array against the names of files currently present in a directory. If the file does not exist in the directory, that is not a problem.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BudMan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
CSV2MIPE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       CSV2MIPE(1)

NAME
csv2mipe.pl - Generates MIPE file based on 3 tab-delimited files based on MIPE version v1.1 arguments: * tab-delimited file with PCR-level data * tab-delimited file with SNP-level data * tab-delimited file with assay-level data Columns in file with PCR-level data: pcr_id pcr_modified (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_project (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_researcher (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_species source_type source_id design_seq primer1_oligo primer1_seq primer1_tm primer2_oligo primer2_seq primer2_tm design_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") use_seq use_revcomp use_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") Columns in file with SNP-level data: pcr_id snp_id snp_pos snp_amb snp_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") Columns in file with assay-level data: pcr_id snp_id assay_id assay_type assay_enzyme assay_oligo assay_specific assay_tail assay_strand assay_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") SYNOPSIS
csv2mipe.pl <pcr_file.csv> <snp_file.csv> <assay_file.csv> ADDITIONAL INFO
See http://mipe.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Jan Aerts (jan.aerts@bbsrc.ac.uk) perl v5.14.2 2005-07-20 CSV2MIPE(1)