Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying specific files from one dir to another Post 302404927 by clx on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 02:05:38 PM
Old 03-17-2010
try (with GNU date)

Code:
dest_path=/some/path/to/archive
for month in 5 4 3 2
do
	file_date=$(date -d "$month month ago" +"%b%y" | tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]')
	mv files.${file_date}.csv ${dest_path} 2>/dev/null && echo "files.${file_date}.csv has been moved"  || echo "file files.${file_date}.csv not found"
done

Last edited by clx; 03-18-2010 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: handled failed condn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying specific files

I wanted to see if some one could confirm the proper command and format for copying specific files i.e., ones that contain certain character string in the file name. I would like to copy all files that contain a numeric sequence in the file name i.e., "922371". Files are compressed - *.gz. Would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faaron3
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific files from remote m/c to specific folders

Hi All, I am trying to rsync some of the latest files from remote m/c to my local linux box. Folder structure in my remote m/c looks like this /pub/Nightly/Package/ROLL/WIN /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/sol /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/linux Each of the folder contains gzip files which on daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhoomsharabi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files to new dir

Hello, I'm new to shell scripting so I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. The script I'm trying to do saves all the files (*.c) on the current dir to a list and, one by one, copies them to a new one called Backup. The thing is, if there are already other versions of the files I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: G3nn
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete files in specific dir

I've got a problem how to delete files from specific directory. I don't want do it recursively but only in specific directory. So, command like find /home/dirname/ -mtime +8 -type f -exec rm {} \; is not for me because this command will remove ifs files in /home/dirname and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zukes
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to new dir structure.

I am trying to figure out a way to script copying specific files from one dir structure to another. I have a dir structure like this: dira/author 1/book 1/file a.epub /book 2/file b.epub /author 2/book 1/file c.epub /author 3/book 1/file d.epub /book 2/file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcanas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with copying files into dir inside for loop

Hi , I'm trying to move/copy the files inside the loop into a directory . I tried the below code and the issue is the data is not copying into the created directory but the files are copying into another file file_path="/home/etc" Last_Day=20130930 mkdir $file_path/ARC_${Last_Day} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Copying ONLY files from one dir to another

I'm writing a Perl script which has its 1st step as to copy files from one directory to another directory. The Source directory has got files with extension, without extension, directories etc. But I want to copy ONLY files with no extension. The files with extensions and directories should not get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files with a specific pattern

Hi All I am trying to copy files from one location to another and given below are some sample ones: aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_cost_code_20140330.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_revenue_zone_20140329.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_benefit_extract_20140330.csv.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_profit_zone_20150509.csv.gz... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
17 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
GREGORIANTOJD(3)							 1							  GREGORIANTOJD(3)

gregoriantojd - Converts a Gregorian date to Julian Day Count

SYNOPSIS
int gregoriantojd (int $month, int $day, int $year) DESCRIPTION
Valid Range for Gregorian Calendar 4714 B.C. to 9999 A.D. Although this function can handle dates all the way back to 4714 B.C., such use may not be meaningful. The Gregorian calendar was not instituted until October 15, 1582 (or October 5, 1582 in the Julian calendar). Some countries did not accept it until much later. For exam- ple, Britain converted in 1752, The USSR in 1918 and Greece in 1923. Most European countries used the Julian calendar prior to the Grego- rian. PARAMETERS
o $month - The month as a number from 1 (for January) to 12 (for December) o $day - The day as a number from 1 to 31 o $year - The year as a number between -4714 and 9999 RETURN VALUES
The julian day for the given gregorian date as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Calendar functions <?php $jd = GregorianToJD(10, 11, 1970); echo "$jd "; $gregorian = JDToGregorian($jd); echo "$gregorian "; ?> SEE ALSO
jdtogregorian(3), cal_to_jd(3). PHP Documentation Group GREGORIANTOJD(3)