Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nawk, combine commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nawk, combine commands Post 302404886 by numele on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 12:03:27 PM
Old 03-17-2010
Thank you rdcwayx, this works perfectly!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Two Commands Output

How i can combine output of two commands in one file.......i tried this but it is not working although each command is working good seperately..... head -1 filename | tail -1 filename i think there is problem with command concatenator? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine commands

Hi, i tried to combine grep with find and it didnt work grep 'find dirname filename" i also would like that the file will be sorted in the way. thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoiler
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I combine these two commands into one?

sed -e :a -e 's/<*>//g;/</N;//ba' a2.html -removes html tags and sed -i 's/YOURS TRULY/Joe Bob/' a2.html Replaces a string with another string can i make it into one string? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine awk and bash commands in script ?

Dear friends, I am just trying write one script using 2 files one file will contain details like below #X SERVER X LOCATION URL="http://www.abcd.com" FILENAME="abc.txt" ID_NAME="myabc_xyz" SERVER_PATH="/usr/local/dummy/html/....." #Y SERVER Y LOCATION URL="http://www.xyz.com"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine several commands in a bash script

Hi all, I have large files with url-s ending on "|<number>" which is the Page Rank for the website as shown in the example below http://www.machinokairo.com/2012/05/post-39.html|2 I am using "grep" to sort out all url-s in a particular way: first, remove all ending on "|0" and write the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple awk commands

Hi Team, I am getting input like below $ ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v asm | grep -v grep oracle 3246 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_racora1 oracle 4367 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_test1 oracle 6893 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_gipora1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine awk commands into one

my code: gawk 'NR>'"${LASTLINENUM}"' && NR<='"${LINEENDNUM}"'' ${LOGFILE} | gawk '{l=$0;} /'"${STRING1}"'/ && /'"${STRING2}"'/ {for (i=NR-'"${BEFOREGLAF}"'; i<=NR+'"${AFTERGLAF}"'; i++) o=i; t++;} END { for(i=1; i<=NR; i++) if (o) print l; print t+=0;}' i would like to combine this into one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple commands

I have the following sh-script: konsole -T todo -e vi todo.txt & konsole -T window1 -e ssh user@server & konsole -T window2 -e ssh user@server2 -e cd directory & The first two lines are working fine. The first opens a txt-file, the second opens a ssh-connection. The third line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre666
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two awk commands

Hi, Can someone please guide me how to combine the following two awk calls in one? I noticed that it is very often situation for me, and I think that it can be replaced with one awk call. The question is more general, not the exact one. echo "A B C/D" | awk '{print $3}' | awk -F/ '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 Commands

Hello, I have the following code. I wonder if it can be combined into 1 command. y=`ls -1| tail -n 1` m=${y%.abc} Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies
Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)

NAME
Module::Starter::Smart - A Module::Starter plugin for adding new modules into an existing distribution VERSION
version 0.0.4 SYNOPSIS
use Module::Starter qw/Module::Starter::Smart/; Module::Starter->create_distro(%args); # or in ~/.module-starter/config plugin: Module::Starter::Smart # create a new distribution named 'Foo-Bar' $ module-starter --module=Foo::Bar # ... then add a new module $ module-starter --module=Foo::Bar::Me --distro=Foo-Bar DESCRIPTION
Module::Starter::Smart is a simple helper plugin for Module::Starter. It subclasses Module::Starter::Simple and provides its own implementatoin for several file creation subroutines, such as "create_distro", "create_modules", "create_t", and so on. These new implementations were designed to work with existing distributions. When invoked, the plugin checks if the distribution is already created. If so, the plugin would bypass "create_basedir") and go ahead pull in all the existing modules and test files; these information would be used later in the corresponding file creation subroutines for skipping already-created files. UPDATE: This plugin only covers the simplest use cases. For advanced usage, check out Module::Starter::AddModule. Example Say you have an existing distro, Goof-Ball, and you want to add a new module, Goof::Troop. % ls -R Goof-Ball Build.PL Changes MANIFEST README lib/ t/ Goof-Ball/lib: Goof/ Goof-Ball/lib/Goof: Ball.pm Goof-Ball/t: 00.load.t perlcritic.t pod-coverage.t pod.t Go to the directory containing your existing distribution and run module-starter, giving it the names of the existing distribution and the new module: % module-starter --distro=Goof-Ball --module=Goof::Troop Created starter directories and files % ls -R Goof-Ball Build.PL Changes MANIFEST README lib/ t/ Goof-Ball/lib: Goof/ Goof-Ball/lib/Goof: Ball.pm Troop.pm Goof-Ball/t: 00.load.t perlcritic.t pod-coverage.t pod.t Troop.pm has been added to Goof-Ball/lib/Goof. INTERFACE
No public methods. The module works by subclassing Module::Starter::Simple and rewiring its internal behaviors. DEPENDENCIES
Module::Starter::Smart subclasses Module::Starter::Simple. INCOMPATIBILITIES
The plugin works perfectly with other template plugins, i.e. Module::Starter::PBP (I started using it to develop this module) BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-module-starter-smart@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Special thanks to David Messina, who kindly contributes the example. AUTHOR
Ruey-Cheng Chen "<rueycheng@gmail.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2012 Ruey-Cheng Chen "<rueycheng@gmail.com>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-29 Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)