Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp nightmare
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp nightmare Post 302404824 by jgt on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 09:59:31 AM
Old 03-17-2010
After you have uploaded the first batch, make a text file and edit it so that it contains:
Code:
rm file1
rm file2
etc.

At the end of the file add the lines
Code:
mget *
quit

Use this newly created file as input to your next ftp session.
Depending on the size of the files being uploaded from the thrid party. you might retrieve files that are still in the process of being uploaded.
Can you have the third party, send a second file of minimal size indicating the primary upload is complete for that file?

Last edited by rbatte1; 09-26-2016 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Viewcvs...a nightmare on HP-UX!!!

Hello I'm new on this forum but I have a big problem. I've installed Subversion 1.1.1 and Apache 2.0.52 on a HP-UX. This is the uname: HP-UX xxxx B.11.11 U 9000/800 4169945236 unlimited-user license Now I must to install a software to browse the svn repositories. My choice is Viewcvs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goblin79
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Chunked-FullNames Nightmare

I've got a problem i'm hoping other more experienced programmers have had to deal with sometime in their careers and can help me: how to get fullnames that were chunked together into one field in an old database into separate more meaningful fields. I'd like to get the records that nicely fit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing apache (nightmare for me)

Please help... i'm new to this job and new to unix as well..... i'm trying to install apache 2.2.6 it's installed on one server... i need to install it on another server... my clue was to maybe use the fetch command... please help.....for example..... apache is on 69.50.132.14.... and it needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marinob007
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is unix really such a nightmare... or is it me?

i rue the day that my server manager and i parted company... the start of a long journey.... :( sometimes i find myself daydreaming about the days when i could say... "this dont work, can u fix it?".... and 2 mins later it worked! i have a new way of "cursing" at ppls.... i just say "failed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickeymouse
10 Replies

5. BSD

FreeBSD nightmare!!!

Dear friends out there, i hope u'll have enough time to read this problem of mine and try to help me solve it. well, i've been a long time user of microsoft products and happened to come across FreeBSD when one fellow referred me to it saying that it was a wonderful OS which one could use for web... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenyatta
6 Replies

6. Solaris

date -d nightmare on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Shell scripting forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtualizing SCO v5 - interesting project/nightmare, could use some help

same old story, we have an important very old app running on SCO 5, box is only on LAN and as such was never updated by anyone etc.. box is nearing its end of life in a bad way (currently experiencing some SCSI issues) and it's time to do something when good advice of "lets upgrade" for years was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mc18
1 Replies

8. Solaris

AI server corporate nightmare

Hello Ex-Sun fellows, i've been tasked to install a bran spanking new AI Solaris 11.1 server for our Oracle park. With the documentation this is what's running and what's working. T5120 2 oracle VM's (one ldom on each disk) One with a Solaris 11.1 repo, AI server. One for testing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
0 Replies
COMBINE(1)																COMBINE(1)

NAME
combine - combine sets of lines from two files using boolean operations SYNOPSIS
combine file1 and file2 combine file1 not file2 combine file1 or file2 combine file1 xor file2 _ file1 and file2 _ _ file1 not file2 _ _ file1 or file2 _ _ file1 xor file2 _ DESCRIPTION
combine combines the lines in two files. Depending on the boolean operation specified, the contents will be combined in different ways: and Outputs lines that are in file1 if they are also present in file2. not Outputs lines that are in file1 but not in file2. or Outputs lines that are in file1 or file2. xor Outputs lines that are in either file1 or file2, but not in both files. "-" can be specified for either file to read stdin for that file. The input files need not be sorted, and the lines are output in the order they occur in file1 (followed by the order they occur in file2 for the two "or" operations). Bear in mind that this means that the operations are not commutative; "a and b" will not necessarily be the same as "b and a". To obtain commutative behavior sort and uniq the result. Note that this program can be installed as "_" to allow for the syntactic sugar shown in the latter half of the synopsis (similar to the test/[ command). It is not currently installed as "_" by default, but you can alias it to that if you like. SEE ALSO
join(1) AUTHOR
Copyright 2006 by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL. moreutils 2012-04-09 COMBINE(1)