Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing multi-line records containing known value? Post 302404762 by cs03dmj on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 07:28:35 AM
Old 03-17-2010
Thanks to you all for this; I have subsequently learnt a lot and expanded my final script (should it help anyone in future), which allows multiple searches to be passed from the command line and is based upon records separated by one or more empty lines.

Last edited by cs03dmj; 03-17-2010 at 11:41 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Multi-Line Records Processing

I am an Awk newbie and cannot wrap my brain around my problem: Given multi-line records of varying lengths separated by a blank line I need to skip the first two lines of every record and extract every-other line in each record unless the first line of the record has the word "(CONT)" in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Multi-Line Records Numbering Problem

I have a set of files of multi-line records with the records separated by a blank line. I needed to add a record number to the front of each line followed by a colon and did the following: awk 'BEGIN {FS = "\n"; RS = ""}{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++)print NR,":",$i}' ~/Desktop/data98-1-25.txt >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alphabetical sort for multi line records contains in a single file

Hi all, I So, I've got a monster text document comprising a list of various company names and associated info just in a long list one after another. I need to sort them alphabetically by name... The text document looks like this: Company Name: the_first_company's_name_here Address:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quee1763
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the invalid records to error file

HI, I have a source file which has the below data. Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multi-line records into a single row

Now that I've parsed out the data that I desire I'm left with variable length multi-line records that are field seperated by new lines (\n) and record seperated by a single empty line ("") At first I was considering doing something like this to append all of the record rows into a single row: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveyabe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line log files to single line format

I want to read the log file which was generate from other command . And the output was having multi line in log files for job name and server name. But i need to make all the logs on one line Source file 07/15/2018 17:02:00 TRANSLOG_1700 Server0005_SQL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)