Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ethereal Solaris i386
Operating Systems Solaris Ethereal Solaris i386 Post 302404728 by @dagio on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 05:56:10 AM
Old 03-17-2010
thanks a lot for the quick responce!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Ethereal

One of the users on my network took my aside and showed me a program called ethereal that can sniff out packets on the network. He was able to re-build a packet stream and see pretty clearly what other users where looking at. I am using a hub. If I use a switch will that stop ability to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 on a i386

Hi, I am trying to installing solaris on a intel PC, but I am unable to do it. So my question is where can I find some good documents (I tried sun.com did not find any thing). If I want to dual boot between Linux and Solaris, would I install solaris first if so why? Thanks alot ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Ethereal

Hi, I work with an interface which connects to a Switch company and pulls information from certain sockets. During the night, somehow disconnects and it is difficult to prove if it is the interface or the Switch company responsible. I had the suggestion to install sniffers to do some network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulianob
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethereal installation on unix

Hi , Has any one installed ethereal on a unix machien ?? I m trying to install it on an hpux 11i machine and getting the following error * Summary of Analysis Phase: ERROR: Exclude ethereal.ethereal-RUN,r=0.10.11 ERROR: Exclude ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
0 Replies

5. AIX

Ethereal and AIX 5.3

Hi to all .... i must install ethereal-0.8.18-1 on aix system , for do some problems determination about network problems . I have a .bff file of ethereal but for resolve dependencies i need this two .bff package needed : freeware.gtk+.rte 1.2.8.0 # Base Level Fileset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BabylonRocker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

interfacing ethereal

Hi All; plz suggest me any perl script to get the ethereal messeges.To be more specific, i need to write a perl script that when an ethereal tool is started and captures any traces, can get that trace......... :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing ethereal traces

Hi All........ i need a perl script that can trace the traces of the ethereal tool. PLZ help me out...............!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris I386 ifconfig devices ??

I want to configure my Network card. On solaris 9 i386. How to know the good Network device. I use prtconf to display the device list. I'm searching the device name. Like ifconfig device_name plumb thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
2 Replies

9. Solaris

good tripwire policy for Solaris sparc and i386

I haven't found a good resource for this. Does anyone have a good resource for this? I've compiled the code, and all I have is an old twpol.txt from solaris 8.. :-( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: biea
0 Replies

10. Solaris

ethereal problem

I have installed ethereal on solaris 10. however I can execute the ./ethereal using the root account. if tried to execute same from non-root users i am facing the following error. ethereal: The capture session could not be initiated (/dev/ce: Permission denied). Please check to make sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
2 Replies
DACSINIT(1)						       DACS Commands Manual						       DACSINIT(1)

NAME
dacsinit - Configure a minimal DACS federation interactively SYNOPSIS
dacsinit [-d] [-n] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. The dacsinit command interactively creates a minimal DACS federation and jurisdiction. By default, the program uses the default paths that were established when DACS was built and the example paths used by dacs.quick(7)[1]. When prompted, typing Return/Enter selects the default value. It can also be used to create a configuration for a federation with one very basic jurisdiction based on names input to dacsinit. The resulting configuration can then be extended or customized manually. Note This program can be found in the distribution's src directory. It is not copied elsewhere during installation. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -d Avoid overwriting "real" files by appending a a suffix ("-xxx") to all files installed by this program. This is useful for debugging, but you must clean up these bogus files manually. -n Do not actually do anything, but print the actions that would be done. Can be used with -d. DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
dacs.quick(7)[1] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[2]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[3] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacs.quick(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.quick.7.html 2. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 3. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACSINIT(1)