Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Failure to telnet in new install Sun5.10 Post 302404689 by chuikingman on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 04:16:05 AM
Old 03-17-2010
Hi,
No this file in the system now .....
Even I telnet to itself machine it is failure ..
why ???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fbdesk install failure

hello all. I just started to use fluxbox (www.fluxbox.org) as my gui, i like the fact that it is much faster than kde. The only problem is that it doesn't support icons on the desktop nativly. If you want that ability you have to instal the fbdesk package. When i go to instal this package i get an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shifty
0 Replies

2. AIX

telnet failure

My hardware is a JS21 IBM server with AIX 5.3L. I can console into the blade but at times I am able to telnet to a LDAP server on port 389, but then there are times I can not telnet to the port. I can't ping the server when I experience this issues. My application I support goes down in flames and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billet75
3 Replies

3. Solaris

/var in sun5.9

I recreated the /var mountpoint (which accidentally got deleted ) in one of my Sun v490 servers(5.9) with the backup of another V490 Server. Would a reboot of the server pose any issues? My little knowledge doesn't foresee any (provided the packages in /var/sadm are not linked to any Lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
1 Replies

4. AIX

bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating. (fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wesiman
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Install telnet in Fedora 8 ?

Hi,I need to make a test on Fedora 8, with a Telnet... and seems NOT to beenabled.The package is installed, but if I have a look into /etc/xinedtd thereis no TELNET file ?Is there any changes into FEDORA 8 ?Plz help .. ...Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating telnet checking for success/failure

Hi I wanna automate the telnet process for port connection.. # telnet 0 port_number Trying 0.0.0.0... Connected to 0. Escape character is '^]'. If its connected how to make it disconnect automatically.. And how to check for success or failure.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Failure to install Linux

I need help. My recently downloaded LINUX version won't install. Is this because of as previous OS being installed in my PC. I removed it prior to my LINUX installation and this is where problems started. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: henzbelmont
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Success/failure status of telnet connection

Hi, I am running a shell script which will spawn the telnet and login. But sometimes, the telnet session itself is not getting spawned. My requirement is, if the telnet session is not spawned, the user must be notified that it failed. Is there any command to capture the status of telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merin
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Oracle DB install failure

Hi all, I'm quite new to Solaris and I've been searching around everywhere to try and find the root of my Oracle DB install problem. It quits immediately when it runs isainfo when it gets a return of 3md64. To me this looks like there is a typo where ever isainfo pulls it's info from, but I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: asilv
13 Replies

10. Solaris

Java Install Failure

Hello Everyone, I am trying to install a new version of Java on Solaris 10 but I am unable to install. The server is a SPARC 64bit machine. I downloaded Java SE Runtime Environment 8u101 (jre-8u101-solaris-sparcv9.tar.gz), then changed the directory to /usr/java. Copied the tar.gz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhiralall
5 Replies
VDETELWEB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETELWEB(1)

NAME
vdetelweb - Virtual Distributed Ethernet Telnet and/or Web management module SYNOPSIS
vdetelweb [ --web ] [ --telnet ] [ --nodename nodename ] [ --daemon ] [ --rcfile rcfile ] mgmt_socket DESCRIPTION
vdetelweb implements a tiny telnet server and/or a tiny web server for the remote management of a VDE2 switch. OPTIONS
-w, --web start the web server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -t, --telnet start the telnet server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -n, --nodename nodename specify the nodename as seen from remote connections (e.g. in the command prompt or in the web page title). uname nodename is used when this option is not specified. -d, --daemon run as a daemon, using syslog for logging. -f, --rcfile rcfile rc file to set the initial switch configuration. When not specified, vdetelweb searches for ~/.vde/vdetelwebrc and /etc/vde/vdetel- webrc. At leas one rc file must exist and be readable. -h, --help print help. please use it for a more complete list of options. mgmt_socket is the managemnt socket used to communicate with the vde_switch. (This option must match the path used in the -M option for the vde_switch). NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vdeq(1). dpipe(1). unixterm(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet June 16, 2008 VDETELWEB(1)