Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl socket question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl socket question Post 302404628 by kiruthika_sri on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 01:59:32 AM
Old 03-17-2010
MySQL

Not necessary to use same module in both server and client.
You can use different modules.
But sending and receiving a packet between server and client should be proper.

Even you can have server in Perl and client in C.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Question

I understand all sockets programming until it comes to this level: int read (int fd, char* buffer, size_t size); /* if i am right */ int write(int fd, char* buffer, size_t size); My question is that: in my case I need to pass a structure between server and client, how to do that ??? (in other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent007
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple socket programming in perl

hi i want to write simple socket program which will listen on socket . here is the code ## read msg on socket #! /usr/bin/perl use IO::Socket::INET; my $MySocket= IO::Socket::INET->new(LocalPort=>1234, Proto=>'udp') ; while ()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl socket

Hello there: What is default value of listen if I, avoid init it on constructor. I need maximum num for Listen. I want to write a daemon thus i need unlimited listen. my $sock = IO::Socket::INET->new( Listen => 20, LocalPort => $port, Reuse => 1) Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
3 Replies

5. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

6. Programming

Error with socket operation on non-socket

Dear Experts, i am compiling my code in suse 4.1 which is compiling fine, but at runtime it is showing me for socket programming error no 88 as i searched in errno.h it is telling me socket operation on non socket, what is the meaning of this , how to deal with this error , please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

7. Programming

perl socket issue

Hi I am teaching myself perl and am writing a socket application to get experience. I am using Eclipse with the EPIC plugin to run the code in debug mode. I think that sometimes the script is not releasing the port if I terminate it in debug mode as I am occasionally getting the message: - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Socket Programming in Perl

Hi All I am getting an error when using the below code Receiver use IO::Socket; $sock = new IO::Socket::INET (LocalHost => 'goldengate', LocalPort => 1200, Proto => 'tcp', Listen => 5, Reuse => 1 ); die "Socket could not be created. Reason: $!" unless $sock; while ($new_sock =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[PERL] Check if socket is connected before sending data

Hello community, I'm programming a simple code using socket connection in perl: $sock = new IO::Socket::INET( PeerAddr => '192.168.10.7', PeerPort => 8000, Proto => 'tcp'); $sock or die "no socket :$!";Then sending data using a loop: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
1 Replies
SSL_get_client_CA_list(3)					      OpenSSL						 SSL_get_client_CA_list(3)

NAME
SSL_get_client_CA_list, SSL_CTX_get_client_CA_list - get list of client CAs SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *SSL_get_client_CA_list(const SSL *s); STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *SSL_CTX_get_client_CA_list(const SSL_CTX *ctx); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_get_client_CA_list() returns the list of client CAs explicitly set for ctx using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3). SSL_get_client_CA_list() returns the list of client CAs explicitly set for ssl using SSL_set_client_CA_list() or ssl's SSL_CTX object with SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3), when in server mode. In client mode, SSL_get_client_CA_list returns the list of client CAs sent from the server, if any. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() and SSL_set_client_CA_list() do not return diagnostic information. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() have the following return values: STACK_OF(X509_NAMES) List of CA names explicitly set (for ctx or in server mode) or send by the server (client mode). NULL No client CA list was explicitly set (for ctx or in server mode) or the server did not send a list of CAs (client mode). SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3), SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_get_client_CA_list(3)