Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX TrueType Fonts Installation Post 302404504 by kah00na on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 05:09:02 PM
Old 03-16-2010
AIX TrueType Fonts Installation

We have an app that prints PDF files but some of the required TrueType fonts are missing on our AIX box. Does AIX support TrueType fonts? How can I install the following fonts?:
Code:
OCR A Extended (OCRAEXT.TTF)
Courier New (cour.ttf)

I have tried copying those fonts from my Windows box into /usr/lpp/X11/defaults/TrueType but I don't think that was the right way to do it and it didn't work anyway. I tried searching for filesets that contained these fonts but I wasn't able to find anything going down that route either.

Maybe I have to use "smitty font"? But where would I get a "*.nsf" font file?

Last edited by kah00na; 03-16-2010 at 06:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Installation

I am in need some some simple... straight forward instructions for creating file systems on AIX. I have a raid controller and 4 18.2gb Hot Swap SCSI drives. I am sooooo confused about Volume Groups, Physical Volume, and Physical Partition, and Logical Volume and Logical Partitions. In a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. AIX

aix installation

hey all I have ibm RS6000 WORKSTATION,iam new to aix i worked on sparc system,but dont know anything abt aix can some one guide me how to install aix 4.3.3 fresh installtion how the partition to be created how to start the installltion and finish it how to add new external hdd. plss osme one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

3. AIX

Need AIX 4.3.3 installation disk 1

This is a serious longshot but my system crashed and I need to bring it back up, I put my cd into the drive to boot and it does not work. I cannot find another copy anywhere (internet, friends, other companies, etc...). Apparently while trying to install the Veristas remote agent for unix I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colb926
0 Replies

4. AIX

Installation of CUPS in AIX

Hi, In cups.org, it is said CUPS 1.1.9 adds support for AIX, adds several performance improvements to the scheduler, adds support for the Apache Include directive, adds new HideImplicitMembers and ImplicitAnyClasses directives, stores user-defined options as differences from the system-defined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

5. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

6. AIX

Adding own fonts in AIX

Hi I am new to AIX and want to install some fonts (in Indian Languages) created by us into the AIX server and we should be able to use these fonts in Mozilla and other user applications. There is no Info Print Manager. We have font files as PFB/PFM and TTF. Which is the best method to go... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssridhar
0 Replies

7. AIX

Russian fonts not displaying in AIX PDF files

Hi, We have an issue with russian cyrillic fonts that are not displayed correctly in pdf when application works in AIX . The same russian fonts are displayed properly in windows machine. There are spaces between russian characters and also cyrillic fonts are overlapping in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinto
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX NIM installation

Could you please let me know, if it is possible to have NIM server running on one volume group and other applications like oracle running on other volume group. Do we need to have a dedicated server for only AIX NIM server?. I am new to AIX and planning to install NIM server on a test server. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Fonts and Display issue

Hello Everyone, have a question regarding fonts: #env root@oraapp:/>env _=/usr/bin/env LANG=ar_AA LOGIN=root SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1 PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java131/jre/bin:/u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to find the details of Fonts on AIX?

Hi, Can someone help me out, how I can find the details of the Fonts installed on AIX, details such as the font type, directory, Non-Latin Fonts like Greek, Hebrew, or Arabic, starting with Arabic Objective: Oracle Reports creates PDF on AIX we want to use ARABIC Fonts which are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
pdffonts(1)						      General Commands Manual						       pdffonts(1)

NAME
pdffonts - Portable Document Format (PDF) font analyzer (version 3.00) SYNOPSIS
pdffonts [options] [PDF-file] DESCRIPTION
Pdffonts lists the fonts used in a Portable Document Format (PDF) file along with various information for each font. The following information is listed for each font: name the font name, exactly as given in the PDF file (potentially including a subset prefix) type the font type -- see below for details emb "yes" if the font is embedded in the PDF file sub "yes" if the font is a subset uni "yes" if there is an explicit "ToUnicode" map in the PDF file (the absence of a ToUnicode map doesn't necessarily mean that the text can't be converted to Unicode) object ID the font dictionary object ID (number and generation) PDF files can contain the following types of fonts: Type 1 Type 1C -- aka Compact Font Format (CFF) Type 3 TrueType CID Type 0 -- 16-bit font with no specified type CID Type 0C -- 16-bit PostScript CFF font CID TrueType -- 16-bit TrueType font OPTIONS
-f number Specifies the first page to analyze. -l number Specifies the last page to analyze. -opw password Specify the owner password for the PDF file. Providing this will bypass all security restrictions. -upw password Specify the user password for the PDF file. -v Print copyright and version information. -h Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.) EXIT CODES
The Xpdf tools use the following exit codes: 0 No error. 1 Error opening a PDF file. 2 Error opening an output file. 3 Error related to PDF permissions. 99 Other error. AUTHOR
The pdffonts software and documentation are copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC. SEE ALSO
pdfimages(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftohtml(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1), pdftotext(1) 22 January 2004 pdffonts(1)