Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 upgrade exiting ( caught signal 11) Post 302404457 by incredible on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 02:19:25 PM
Old 03-16-2010
what model is the system? Is there amber LED seen ? Is the OS already installed and running? whats the obp from which you're upgrading to? what diagnostic? where is your output?
Smilie
Most of the time, OBP can be upgraded from multi-user but system will auto-reboot upon completion.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

process caught signal 5

Hello, We are using AIX 5.2 ML 7. One of the process in its log file said the following and stopped running. Caught signal=5, exiting. What would cause the signal 5 to be generated on an AIX box. Please advise. Thx Jerardfjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 install issue - "Caught Signal 11"

Rebuilding a server (T2000) from a flash archive I created on another server. Using a Solaris 10/08 DVD to boot from the was going to point it tot he flash archive and pull it over NFS. I've done this many times with success until now. It initially boots off the DVD, you input the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Probos
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Exiting signal 6

Hello all, I have a problem when installing Solaris 10 on Enterprise 450. I booted from dvd, then the installation was started. The error appeared after determining the installation method, F2-Standard, F?-Flash...... The error was Exiting signal 6. Please, need help. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hardono
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 "Exiting (caught signal 11)"

I get an error after the initializing screen. I am using a DVD/ROM to boot up the installation on a Dell Inspiron 1520. Segmentation fault - core dumped. I have tried to restart multiple times. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimasaurus
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Exiting (caught signal 11)

I created a new Virtual machine and was trying to install Solaris but keep getting this error.:confused: EXITING (caught signal 11) Type "install-solaris to restart" Can't find anything on Google. This is the iso image I am using "sol-10-u11-ga-x86-dvd" Followed all the instructions on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continue Processing after a signal is caught

Is it possible to continue after signal is caught and control goes to function specified in the trap statement? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
3 Replies
locator(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       locator(1M)

NAME
locator - location indicator control SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/locator [-f | -n] DESCRIPTION
The locator command sets or queries the state of the system locator if such a device exists. Without options, the locator command reports the current state of the system. The privileges required to use this command are hardware dependent. Typically, only the super user can get or set a locator. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f Turns the locator off. -n Turns the locator on. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the locator Command on a Platform Which Has a System Locator LED When issued on a platform which has a system locator LED, the following command turns the locator on: # locator -n # locator The 'system' locator is on Example 2: Using the locator Command on a Platform Which Does Not Have a System Locator LED When issued on a platform which does not have a system locator LED, the following command attempts to turn the locator on. The command returns an error message. # locator -n 'system' locator not found EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Invalid command line input. 2 The requested operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Sept 2001 locator(1M)