Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 failsafe can not mount root Post 302404453 by incredible on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 02:10:22 PM
Old 03-16-2010
Code:
mount /dev/dsk/cxtxdxs0 /a
cd /a
ls

You will see the contents of /root

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unixware 7.1.3 can't mount root

please help me about unixware 7.1.3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- msg: vfs_mountroot:cannot mount root %%%%%% system don't start (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hushboy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount disk for non-root accounts?

I have a USB disk on a little NAS controller (NSLU2 running unslung 6.8) that I can access nicely with root with mount -t cifs \\\\10.134.23.23\\DISK\ 2 /mnt/LKGD7F73A However, when I run emacs from an user mode xterm prompt, emacs cannot read and write the files on /mnt/LKGD7F73A. Emacs can... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
11 Replies

4. BSD

Mount root warning message

I see the following warning message during the boot sequence of any FreeBSD machine on stock hardware: acd0: FAILURE: READ_BIG ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x64 ascq=0x00 Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad6s1 What does this mean and is it really a warning or something that should be fixed? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Hardware

Cannot mount root - Panic

Hi Guys, I just tried to reboot my server, but it seems to be panicing and unable to mount the root disk. The filesystem is supposed to be ufs, so im not sure why its talking about vfs. At the moment it's just stuck in a loop of Reboot-panic-reboot. Any ideas? A. SunOS Release 5.10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A-Train
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to mount in failsafe mode in Solaris 10

Hi, A server is running solaris 10. From the OK prompt, I have used the command 'boot -F failsafe' and here I am trying to mount a remote directory using the command: #mount 10.238.233.13:/export/home/ssuser /tmp/mnt but i dont get any response for sometime and then it shows the error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tayyab101
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris failsafe - what is it ?

Hi all, Tried googling what is solaris failsafe, but results from oracle only show how to use it, but not what is it Can any kind soul here shed some light or point me to some documentation ? Do we need to install failsafe during the OS installation ? is failsafe located on the same disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Failsafe mode advantages and disadvantages

Hi Guys, Have you tried running Solaris 10 on Failsafe mode? What are their advantages and disadvantages? What would you recommend for a roll-back plan in case something happens after failsafe mode? I need to run on failsafe mode to be able to execute fsck. Appreciate your kind... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bocha
1 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff -- turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] -a quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. Quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have disk quotas turned off. The filesystem must be mounted and it must have the appropriate mount option file located at its root, the .quota.ops.user file for user quota configuration, and the .quota.ops.group file for group quota configuration. Quotaon also expects each filesystem to have the appropriate quota data files located at its root, the .quota.user file for user data, and the .quota.group file for group data. These filenames and their root location cannot be overridden. By default, quotaon will attempt to enable both user and group quotas. By default, quotaoff will disable both user and group quotas. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable any filesystems with an existing mount option file at its root. The mount option file specifies the types of quotas that are to be configured. -g Only group quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.group, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -u Only user quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.user, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -v Causes quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on or off. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. Quotas for both users and groups will automatically be turned on at filesystem mount if the appropriate mount option file and binary data file is in place at its root. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 17, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution