Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming divide one string into two string [c or c++, better in c] Post 302404403 by italian_boy on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 11:35:58 AM
Old 03-16-2010
divide one string into two string [c or c++, better in c]

Hello everybody... I'm new in this forum , and sorry if my english isn't very good!
I must create a client server application... and my problem is:
when the client connects to the server the first time, he has to register with a user name and a password! The client sends username and password in a buffer in this mode:

username/password/

now in the server I must to divide this string into
username
password

I tried with a for cycle and with a while but it doesn't work...
Please help meSmilie!! Thank very much!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

divide a string into variables

i have /tmp/dev/string1/testfile.txt i need only testfile.txt How can get that..can anyone helpme out Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, replace string in file1 with string from (lookup table) file2?

Hello: I have another question. Please consider the following two sample, tab-delimited files: File_1: Abf1 YKL112w Abf1 YAL054c Abf1 YGL234w Ace2 YKL150w Ace2 YNL328c Cup9 YDR441c Cup9 YDR442w Cup9 YEL040w ... File 2: ... ABF1 YKL112W ACE2 YLR131C (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a String variable with a string literal in a Debian shell script

Hi All, I am trying to to compare a string variable with a string literal inside a loop but keep getting the ./testifstructure.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh BOOK_LIST="BOOK1 BOOK2" for BOOK in ${BOOK_LIST} do if then echo '1' else echo '2' fi done Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string comparison unterminated quoted string andrule of thumb

I have the logic below to look up for matches within the columns between the two files with awk. In the if statement is where the string comparison is attempted with == The issue seems to be with the operands, as 1. when " '${SECTOR}' " -- double quote followed by single quote -- awk matches... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
MOOPROXY(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MOOPROXY(1)

NAME
mooproxy - a buffering proxy for MOO connections SYNOPSIS
mooproxy [options] DESCRIPTION
mooproxy is a buffering proxy for MOOs (a class of text-based RPGs, descending from MUDs). The MOO client connects to mooproxy, and mooproxy connects to the MOO server. Mooproxy keeps you connected to the MOO server if the client disconnects (voluntarily, because of network problems, because the client crashes, because of a power outage, etc). Mooproxy also provides centralised logging, buffers text when the client isn't connected, and provides context when the client does con- nect. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options and exit. -V, --version Show version information and exit. -L, --license Show licensing information and exit. -w, --world worldname Specify the world file to load. -d, --no-daemon Do not daemonize; stay in the foreground instead. -m, --md5crypt Prompt for a string, and create and show an MD5 hash of this string. COPYRIGHT
Mooproxy is copyright (C) 2001-2011 Marcel Moreaux <marcelm@qvdr.net> SEE ALSO
Mooproxy offers online help for all of its commands and settings, accessible using the /help command. More comprehensive information about mooproxy can be found in /usr/share/doc/mooproxy/README. See /usr/share/doc/mooproxy/ExampleConfig for an example configuration file. September 1, 2011 MOOPROXY(1)