Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comma in regular expression
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comma in regular expression Post 302404356 by joeyg on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 10:04:10 AM
Old 03-16-2010
Hammer & Screwdriver

what about with a grep
if
Code:
sample="hello,fool"

then
Code:
echo "$sample" | grep -c ","

returns 1
while
Code:
sample1="not here"
echo "$sample1" | grep -c ","

returns 0

and the result could be put to a variable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in Regular Expression

I have a file with data that looks like - record nullable { final_delim=end ,delim="~%%~" ,quote=none } ( 1_UPC:string; 2_QUANTITY:string; ) I want to fetch the first column that starts with integer. e.g - 1_UPC, 2_QUANTITY. I tried "awk -F ":" -v var1="^0-9" '$1==var1' inschemafile".... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
2 Replies

3. Programming

What does the regular expression ['(^[^~]+~).*'] mean?

What does the regular expression +~).*'] mean while using it with regexec.When the string "RCHNUSNT35C~rs07/ASM-RS07" is used with the regular expression +~).*'] regexec gives an error. I know what regexec does,but i do not understand what this expression means wrt to this string... any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupamar
2 Replies

4. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression help

Hi, Example ^www\.+\.host\.com$ I would like to know what the bold parts means. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls with regular expression

I currently list and sort all the files in a directory which begin with an Upper Case C and end with the extension '#finished#'. Here is the command I use: ls -tr $currentDir/*.#finished# what i need to do now is list all the files in a directory that begin with upper case C and end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkgudde
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

I have a flat tab delimited file of the following format 1 A:23 A:45 A:789 2 A:2 A:47 3 A:78 A:345 A:9 A:10 4 A:34 A:98 I want to modify the file to the following format with insertions of "//" in between 1 A:23 // A:45 // A:789 2 A:2 // A:47 3 A:78 // A:345 // A:9 // A:10 4 A:34... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies
OPANNOTATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     OPANNOTATE(1)

NAME
opannotate - produce source or assembly annotated with profile data SYNOPSIS
opannotate [ options ] [profile specification] DESCRIPTION
opannotate outputs annotated source and/or assembly from profile data of an OProfile session. See oprofile(1) for how to write profile specifications. OPTIONS
--assembly / -a Output annotated assembly. If this is combined with --source, then mixed source / assembly annotations are output. --demangle / -D none|smart|normal none: no demangling. normal: use default demangler (default) smart: use pattern-matching to make C++ symbol demangling more read- able. --exclude-dependent / -x Do not include application-specific images for libraries, kernel modules and the kernel. This option only makes sense if the profile session used --separate. --exclude-file [files] Exclude all files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --exclude-symbols / -e [symbols] Exclude all the symbols in the given comma-separated list. --help / -? / --usage Show help message. --image-path / -p [paths] Comma-separated list of additional paths to search for binaries. This is needed to find modules in kernels 2.6 and upwards. --root / -R [path] A path to a filesystem to search for additional binaries. --include-file [files] Only include files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --include-symbols / -i [symbols] Only include symbols in the given comma-separated list. --objdump-params [params] Pass the given parameters as extra values when calling objdump. --output-dir / -o [dir] Output directory. This makes opannotate output one annotated file for each source file. This option can't be used in conjunction with --assembly. --search-dirs / -d [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to search for source files. You may need to use this option when the debug information for an image contains relative paths. --base-dirs / -b [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to strip from debug source files, prior to looking for them in --search-dirs. --session-dir=dir_path Use sample database out of directory dir_path instead of the default location (/var/lib/oprofile). --source / -s Output annotated source. This requires debugging information to be available for the binaries. --threshold / -t [percentage] Only output data for symbols that have more than the given percentage of total samples. --verbose / -V [options] Give verbose debugging output. --version / -v Show version. ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by opannotate. FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/samples/ The location of the generated sample files. VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.6. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 06 July 2010 OPANNOTATE(1)